Is there a way to have windows resized to fit content, like in Mac OS?

yonyz

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I like the aesthetics of the way that Mac OS resizes windows to fit their content, for example the width of Safari (or any other browser) fits the width of the content of the page, which is usually far less than the width of the screen itself.

Is there a way to achieve the same effect in Windows 10 or 11?

Thanks.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I like the aesthetics of the way that Mac OS resizes windows to fit their content, for example the width of Safari (or any other browser) fits the width of the content of the page, which is usually far less than the width of the screen itself.

Is there a way to achieve the same effect in Windows 10 or 11?

Thanks.
, probably not, maybe a 3rd party program if you're lucky. It seems a bit counter-productive for work scenarios I think if a window bounds regularly changes. Maybe try Powertoys Fancyzones and make a custom arrangement where you leave some space at the borders, that might look as good and make more sense for muscle memory. Another idea might be to just use your browser etc windowed and use ctrl+left click to close it to save the windowed width/height settings (I believe W11 will do this more automatically). Maybe Stardock has also software that can help here, similar to Fancyzones but maybe with more options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb