is there any way to show a preview of a video in windows 10 thumbnails?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hi guys . i realy need a way ( or a third party software) that makes windows explorer video thumbnails playing a few seconds of the video file in thumbnail. something look like you tube thumbnails or .... any idea?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
hi guys . i realy need a way ( or a third party software) that makes windows explorer video thumbnails playing a few seconds of the video file in thumbnail. something look like you tube thumbnails or .... any idea?
, haven't found anything specific yet but you might want to dig in file explorer alternatives (your best bet is a more modern one that can be found in the Windows Store, or perhaps from this list https://techshaggy.com/windows-explorer-alternatives/) or plugins for file explorer. Another idea might be to use a video viewer app (something that shows an overview of videos tiled of a folder). I am sure there is something that does the trick.

Also something completely else but what might help is the DetailsPane in File Explorer (can be enabled in the menu of File Explorer), it does not show previews of videos but does show a lot of details / info of a selected video file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077