Is there a way to prompt before extension in dialing String?

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Back in the old Blackberry days, there was a way to enter a P before an extension number in a dialing sequence which would cause the phone to prompt whether or not you wanted to enter the pre-programmed extension or not.

This is helpful when some companies have a person answering the phone on occasion and you don't want to dial the individual's extension automatically, but have the option already programmed for the phone to dial that extension if needed, when your call is answered by an automated assistant.

I have researched but not seen any way to do this on WP8.

Any body find a way to do this?

Currently using a Lumia 1520 with the black update. Perhaps this would be a good added on option for the future. If it doesn't exist now.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Most automated phone systems will respond to key presses without you having to wait till they are done talking. You need to know what menu option to use though to dial a person's extension. (Some systems let you dial straight from the main menu) When creating your entry, just use a "," (minus the quotes) for every 2 second pause.
I join a ton of conference calls everyday and they require different auth codes. I have them preprogrammed and use the , before entering the auth code. Hope that helps.

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Not what I mean.
Situation I refer to is when you place a call and some companies have a person answering at certain times of day so you do not want to add extension automatically, but at other times of day it would be a machine that answers so you would want to have the extension programmed in and send it through.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I see what you're saying now. Sorry. No, WP doesn't seem to have that ability. Only work around would be to have two numbers to call, one when a human answers and one when the machine does. You could use multiple work number entries.

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I wish that would work, but it would not because you never know if the human or the machine is going to answer. What blackberry did was allowed a pop-up prompt requesting a yes/no answer as to whether the extra numbers should be transmitted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05