Is there anything due soon??

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have had a browse, but there seems to be little, if any, information about tweaks or updates on 10586.11. I would have thought that a few 'under the hood' updates may have rolled out, especially to sort out Cortana. My live tile isn't live unless I remove the news tile and the sport tile!! Tried it on 1320, 930, 640/xl and a 435. All the same! I can run accuweather live tile but not MSN weather. How messed up is that!! Hence why I am asking if any bug fixes or new flash is coming??

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had issues like these on various insider builds, but only if I refused to perform a hard reset, or if I performed one but decided to restore from a backup. I've never had these things happen on a fresh "install"..

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, done hard resets and no restore this time. Tile still non-live after around 10 mins. Have to leave start screen then return. Viola! She flips again and halo does it's thing

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, done hard resets and no restore this time. Tile still non-live after around 10 mins. Have to leave start screen then return. Viola! She flips again and halo does it's thing

A smartphone is like a pc; when out-of-the-box or hard reset it have to download a lot of stuff and updates and sync to your account. That means heating, battery draining, poor smoothness, for one or two days ;) Except server side or store temporary iussues

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps get fixed when they're fixed.
OS updates happen whenever Gabe presses the big red button

As always, follow Gabe on Twitter for the latest news. As dKp points out, little glitches can often be resolved with a soft reset, or temporarily reverting back to WP8.1 (especially issues that aren't widely reported by others).

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys. I was aware of the issues and never restore on W10M. Learnt my lesson there. Checked Gabes twitter but not a lot happening. I don't suffer heat or ' smoothness ' issues. Battery is pretty darn good as well. It's just this damned Cortana thing. I use the track flight option several times a day ( the name gives it away, lol) and I guess I got used to it on 8.1. It happens on every device (10 of them) in our little cab office, so 9 rolled back. Would be nice to see a couple of underhood bug fixes though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs