Is there anyway to debrand a Unlocked T-Mobile Lumia 640

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway to debrand a Unlocked T-Mobile Lumia 640 or brand it to ATT Lumia 640 ROM? friend of mine purchased unlocked Lumia 640 online but we recently realized it's a TMobile branded and not ATT Go Phone , I downloaded the Upgrade Advisor and it shows no update available for the phone.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway to debrand a Unlocked T-Mobile Lumia 640 or brand it to ATT Lumia 640 ROM? friend of mine purchased unlocked Lumia 640 online but we recently realized it's a TMobile branded and not ATT Go Phone , I downloaded the Upgrade Advisor and it shows no update available for the phone.

There are 2 roads you can take:

1: to totally debrand your T mobile lumia from your phone OS, go to LUMIA FIRMWAREhttp://www.lumiafirmware.com/ , download the firrmware of your choice : region!! and flash your device suing this firmware.

2: easier way, to get windows 10 in your carrier locked device, simply download windows insider and join the release preview ring. You will be bumped to recent build 10586.456 . after that get out of the windows insiders, i.e. opting out from the insiders in app.

As windows 10 mobile updates are independent of carrier restrictions , in future you will get all the updates on time along with the unlocked devices.

;)

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
There are 2 roads you can take:

2: easier way, to get windows 10 in your carrier locked device, simply download windows insider and join the release preview ring. You will be bumped to recent build 10586.456 . after that get out of the windows insiders, i.e. opting out from the insiders in app.

As windows 10 mobile updates are independent of carrier restrictions , in future you will get all the updates on time along with the unlocked devices.

;)

It's for friend ,I'm now using my msft account and just downloaded the windows insider, it's now downloading updates, lets say after it downloads the recent build of 10586.456 and after that I opt out of windows insiders from within the app, if I do soft reset will it keep windows 10 mobile or revert back to windows 8.1?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's for friend ,I'm now using my msft account and just downloaded the windows insider, it's now downloading updates, lets say after it downloads the recent build of 10586.456 and after that I opt out of windows insiders from within the app, if I do soft reset will it keep windows 10 mobile or revert back to windows 8.1?

It keeps W10M after a Hard Rest or Factory Reset (Soft Reset just reboots with cleaned out system memory).

However, if you need WDRT to reset that will revert back to 8.1.

IF, after you Upgrade via Insider on your Msft Acct and reset the device will have W10M and get WaaS updates under your friend's Msft Acct...

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
It keeps W10M after a Hard Rest or Factory Reset (Soft Reset just reboots with cleaned out system memory).

However, if you need WDRT to reset that will revert back to 8.1.

IF, after you Upgrade via Insider on your Msft Acct and reset the device will have W10M and get WaaS updates under your friend's Msft Acct...

I have the lumia 950 and many persons who have android like the phone,so I usually introduce them to windows phone by getting an unlocked lumia 640 att version, for all friends I introduced to the Windows Mobile after the W10 upgrade was released with Upgrade Advisor, I've collected their phone, used the Upgrade Advisor with my account to carry phone to windows 10,update to latest build ,factory reset, then give them let them use their account or help them create one, this is first instance that phone was purchased but is the Tmobile unlocked version, so I wasn't sure if it would stay on W10 mobile even after you do soft reset with Windows Insider being the app used to get W10 Mobile for devices that don't get official update as yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)