Is Windows ever going to step up their phone game?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Every time they take a step forward, it's as if they take two steps back.. I have always had a windows phone, and love everything Microsoft, but all the new apps that come out that we never have access to is just ridiculous, not to mention half the apps don't work nearly as well if we do have them.. wish I worked there to slap some sense into them.

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Yep
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
Every time they take a step forward, it's as if they take two steps back.. I have always had a windows phone, and love everything Microsoft, but all the new apps that come out that we never have access to is just ridiculous, not to mention half the apps don't work nearly as well if we do have them.. wish I worked there to slap some sense into them.

Yes there ois

Last edited by a moderator:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question

they were pushing quite hard back in 2011-2013, but they pushed for the wrong market: budget phones

and after they were getting there, 10%+ market in some places, they just lost hope and started talking about loses

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Certainly things aren't looking good with pc production receiving two cumulative updates with nothing for mobile, and with the rumours of the band also being discontinued seems like Microsoft might be cutting it's losses and there might not be a surface phone.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully with Redstone 2? and the fabled Surface Phone?

There was nothing useful in Redstone 1, and there won't be anything useful in Redstone 2 either. The product management team in the Windows team don't have their priorities straight.

Working on all the wrong features and ignoring the biggest feature gaps.

grob9642

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
You have just nailed the key point here. Their strategy is clearly not working. They have all but abandoned the mobile market apparently other than the Surface tablets and mobile PC's. Sad that they could not make any inroad here.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

Are you referring to MS specific apps or 3rd party devs? Either way, you can give them feedback. Let them know their apps aren't working. Emailing them directly may be a better way than Store feedback.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
There were some new apps that were supposed to make their way to windows phone but their development just halted after joe belfiore left. Like the live lock screen app and gestures beta ( which were showcased live on BUILD 2014 conference, during the launch of windows phone 8.1), these app would have refreshed the user experience but never came out from beta.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99