[Issue] DV8P WiFi Woes

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I just got this a week ago and I'm already fighting it. The WiFi adapter has been totally crapping out after extended periods of sleep. Troubleshooter gives me Error Code 52. I've uninstalled the Windows Updates that supposedly cause the problem. Still crapping out. Updated the WiFi driver. Still dying. Uninstalled the driver and did a clean install. Nope, not fixed. I've done just about everything I can. Can anyone give me a working system configuration to fix this? I'm tearing my hair out over this.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone give me a working system configuration to fix this?

It's called a Microsoft Surface Pro.

LOL, sorry, I know that doesn't help. But seriously, it seemed to me that the Surface is better developed. My gen 1 Pro runs rings around the DV8P.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's called a Microsoft Surface Pro.

LOL, sorry, I know that doesn't help. But seriously, it seemed to me that the Surface is better developed. My gen 1 Pro runs rings around the DV8P.

My laptop and desktop run rings around your Surface Pro as well. What's the point?

I have the Gen 1 Surface RT and its wifi is very problematic from day one I got it (a free gift from Microsoft). And still finicky from time to time.

I read that some still have problem with wifi on DV8P but for me, it has been rock solid since I bought it last month. My router, ASUS N56U running after market firmware, had problem in the past that will cause all Wi-Fi devices to not connect over night because of a faulty firmware.

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This isn't a router problem. The actual adapter driver fails coming out of deep sleep. I'm not sure if it's a conflict or Dell just has a faulty diver in general.

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Then, you might have a hardware problem.
Doubtful, because it works after a full restart. Bringing it out of deep sleep or the new "quick start" leads to the driver crashing. It is regular and is reproducible under the same conditions each time. It seems to be a conflict with Windows power management disabling the hardware to save power, but the driver is not programmed to enable it when waking up. There isn't any power management options at all, in fact, in comparison to other tablets and even traditional laptops. Otherwise is just tell it not to disable the WiFi in deep sleep.

shaskell724

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
The wifi issue happened to me to when I got my DVPro a few months back. I returned it because the wifi issue was really frustrating and I couldn't get it to work properly. Sorry that you are having this problem.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have zero problem with WiFi right now. So that's why I said you have a hardware problem. My tablet never shuts down. It sleeps most of the day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have zero problem with WiFi right now. So that's why I said you have a hardware problem. My tablet never shuts down. It sleeps most of the day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It would help if you could provide your current configuration to help me troubleshoot. What's your WiFi driver version? Do you have all Windows updates installed? Have you updated anything else?

quadtronix

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I had a problem with wifi too. I don't know if this is related but when I turn on Airplane mode and then try turning it off it won't connect to wifi unless I reboot... My fix was to just leave wifi on all the time. The battery life doesn't seem to be affected too much by this (even when I'm not in a hotspot) unlike other devices. With wifi on all the time I have had zero issues including when I reboot for whatever reason or shut down completely and then boot up again. It always just connects immediately. I don't know if that helps in your situation but I hope you can fix the issues you are having though... And good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My laptop and desktop run rings around your Surface Pro as well. What's the point?

I was just trying to joke a little as I had the Dell and had WiFi issues as well, compared to my Surface Pro which doesn't. And the point being, WiFi issues were only but one area I had trouble, meaning you may see issues in other areas as well. And as I stated, it seems as though the Surface is better polished then the Dell.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
No doubt Surface is a better build (and $$). But it is simply too bulky and too short of battery life to be a useful tablet. As I mentioned, Surface RT has its own share of wifi problem. And 1st Gen Surface Pro also has a wifi chip that is not compatible with Miracast.

ToddKlindt

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my DV8 Pro. I've uninstalled the Windows patches in here and updated the wifi drivers a couple of times. It's still broken. I'm not opposed to do a factory refresh on it to fix it. Has anyone that's had this problem had it be fixed by a factory refresh?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I normally keep BT off as I don't use it. But I have left it on as well on occasion and nothing bad happens. Unless you have no email account set up, the tablet will connect to wifi in so called 'Connected Standby' mode of Windows 8.

EVO-lutionary

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
So, I just got this a week ago and I'm already fighting it. The WiFi adapter has been totally crapping out after extended periods of sleep. Troubleshooter gives me Error Code 52. I've uninstalled the Windows Updates that supposedly cause the problem. Still crapping out. Updated the WiFi driver. Still dying. Uninstalled the driver and did a clean install. Nope, not fixed. I've done just about everything I can. Can anyone give me a working system configuration to fix this? I'm tearing my hair out over this.

Problem is with a couple of Windows updates. Make sure you uninstalled the correct ones. This video fixed mine perfectly.
Dell Venue 8 Pro - Fix WIFI Connectivity - YouTube

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Problem is with a couple of Windows updates. Make sure you uninstalled the correct ones. This video fixed mine perfectly.
Dell Venue 8 Pro - Fix WIFI Connectivity - YouTube

"I've uninstalled the Windows Updates that supposedly cause the problem."
You should've read more carefully. Anyway more info: the driver fails to power on the hardware coming back from deep sleep (if theres no connections near by) according the system event log. I'm going to try contacting Dell about this. I'm convinced it is a bad driver and not hardware

EVO-lutionary

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
"I've uninstalled the Windows Updates that supposedly cause the problem."
You should've read more carefully. Anyway more info: the driver fails to power on the hardware coming back from deep sleep (if theres no connections near by) according the system event log. I'm going to try contacting Dell about this. I'm convinced it is a bad driver and not hardware

"Make sure you uninstalled the correct ones." Seems you should take your own advice instead of attacking people who are only trying to help you, jerk.

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
"Make sure you uninstalled the correct ones." Seems you should take your own advice instead of attacking people who are only trying to help you, jerk.

I did uninstall the correct ones, else I wouldn't have mentioned that I did and inquired about now to do so. The reason I did mention was to reduce redundancy and focus on a solution elsewhere. I'm not being a jerk, I'm just saying it doesn't contribute, no matter how good your intent was. I appreciate the effort but it isn't the solution, and it didn't further things towards finding that solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte