Issues with Xbox One X recently purchased

thordahll

Sep 11, 2018
Visit site
Just recently bought a One X from GameStop and had a few questions.

First off when running X enhanced games I've notice that the fan does get a little loud but also there is an odd pulsing of RPMs that it does. It will go fast for about 1-2 seconds then slow down for 1-2 seconds, speed up and slow down in a loop kind of but it's a very small difference when you try to listen for it. Is that normal?

When I opened up the controller it had something on both inner thumbsticks and I was able to wipe it off (like a darker black later) rest of the controller looked new. Anyone know what if that's normal?

When registering my console I noticed that I got one year of manufacturer warranty and 2 months of technical support warranty. Is that generally what's given?

Edit: Console is super quiet when no game is played. I do sit about 2 feet from the console. Console is also in a very well ventilated location.

I also did notice my Lot Date was different from the manufacturer date (1826X for Lot date but manufacturer date of November 2017)

Fitt75

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
I bought an Xbox One X in Jan 2018, and I frequently play enhanced 4k games, and my fan is whisper quiet. However, at first it was loud because I had it in an enclosed TV stand with no rear ventalation. So I cut out the rear ply wood on my TV stand, and ever since then I never hear the fan. So it could be that it's not getting proper ventilation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria