Just 4 months old MS lumia 650 is not getting charged at all.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i ordered lumia 650 online before 4 months. within 4 months my phone is being headache for me. within 2 months its battery started draining within 3 hrs only. it started heating up as if its battery will burst shortly. yesterday all of a sudden it stopped getting charged. now its no more! what should i do now?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i ordered lumia 650 online before 4 months. within 4 months my phone is being headache for me. within 2 months its battery started draining within 3 hrs only. it started heating up as if its battery will burst shortly. yesterday all of a sudden it stopped getting charged. now its no more! what should i do now?

send it back for repairs or replacement - that would be the best solution for the time being

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

thr4

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Given the discharge rate with my usage pattern and the phone's low battery capacity was approx. -8%/hour, it was not unusual for the battery to be charged when below 30%.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Given the discharge rate with my usage pattern and the phone's low battery capacity was approx. -8%/hour, it was not unusual for the battery to be charged when below 30%.

Then I reckon the charge cycles are up. Lithium battery is unlike NiCad battery.

the device is less than 4 months old so perhaps the battery was faulty to begin with and not necessarily that the charge/discharge cycles got used up. Phone batteries can last for 2-4 years.

Get the device checked at your nearest ms or nokia store or service centre

thr4

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Then I reckon the charge cycles are up. Lithium battery is unlike NiCad battery.

Absolute nonsense buddy, stop this urban legend crap. The phone was delivered to me on June 9th. I charged all my past phones like this and nothing happened (not even a degradation of battery life)

Yes I will have it replaced/refunded, no issues with that. But since the failure rate of my Lumias is now three out of three (none of them was abused in any way and all got sent for repairs for a different reason), I am done with Windows phones.

thr4

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Just FYI, checked the phone at the MS store, it is indeed a phone problem, not a battery problem (my battery charges in another phone and an other battery didn't charge in my phone).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss