Just bought it!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Where is mtalk? I no longer see it listed at the store.

Apparently gone. I just installing it on my new Surface Pro and couldn't find it as well. I d/l the WC app which was a mistake because that don't work. I was lucky to still have mTalk on my desktop.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
What are your difficulties? I have a Brother laser MFC at home and a HP in my truck (Continuum mobile office) and they both scan perfectly. For printing the Brother app works ok but only if you're printing from the app while the HP shows up on Edge and other apps when you select "print".

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

Right. So I've not seen how to send from the printer to the phone like i can to the desktop. I also can't print from outlook, word, excel, or edge.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Right. So I've not seen how to send from the printer to the phone like i can to the desktop. I also can't print from outlook, word, excel, or edge.
When you say send FROM the printer I'm guessing scans. For that you have to use the printer's OEM app (HP Smart for HP, iPrint&Scan for Brother, etc). Printing from MS apps involves an app like PrintNow which uses Google Cloud services. KumoPrint used to be the best but it's been pulled (imagine that).

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
When you say send FROM the printer I'm guessing scans. For that you have to use the printer's OEM app (HP Smart for HP, iPrint&Scan for Brother, etc). Printing from MS apps involves an app like PrintNow which uses Google Cloud services. KumoPrint used to be the best but it's been pulled (imagine that).
Yes, "from the printer" means my HP wireless printer can print to my wife's or boys' desktops but not to my X3.

On the X3, I cannot print. For example, here's a spreadsheet one of my staff sent me with my team's testing results for a sprint we plan to release in a few weeks. I wanted to print it to bring to a meeting tomorrow, but ended up having to go to my wife's computer do do so. There's no print option.

c4goAw3.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, "from the printer" means my HP wireless printer can print to my wife's or boys' desktops but not to my X3.

On the X3, I cannot print. For example, here's a spreadsheet one of my staff sent me with my team's testing results for a sprint we plan to release in a few weeks. I wanted to print it to bring to a meeting tomorrow, but ended up having to go to my wife's computer do do so. There's no print option.

https://i.imgur.com/c4goAw3.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3
Allow that file to be sent to the servers and the next page will be the print dialogue.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Odd I tried tonight. Originally I was unable to see my printer then it appeared and I could print.
7c4b542894775f1ed4aa40d09db53e1b.jpg

Of course I could not use mTalk as it wouldn't let me post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria