Just bought the Lumia 730

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I'm blown away. It's that good. I originally wanted to buy the 930, but after seeing the shop demos, they are scalding hot to the point of being near uncomfortable (visited 10 shops, each 930 display is hot). Back to the 730, I instantly fell in love with the design: simple, sleek, elegant.

The OS is fast, had no problems with it at all.

Battery life is great, phone only gets warm with intensive games and the camera is cool (not as good as a 20mp shooter, but this one's clarity is good).

The only qualms I have is I want the 2-column tiles and option to delete the missing SIM notification on the top. That's it.

Lastly what are the essential/must-have apps? And also the best platform for YouTube.

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The best youtube app is myTube....

Believe me it will just blow you away with its fluid ui......it has just got a new update with lot of new features..

But in any case, if you dont like this one, you should probably go for 'metrotube' app...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The only qualms I have is I want the 2-column tiles and option to delete the missing SIM notification on the top. That's it.

Lastly what are the essential/must-have apps? And also the best platform for YouTube.

2 columns tiles is not possible and also removing the missing SIM notification can not be deleted. Sorry

MyTube is indeed good but there was just a new version release and there maybe some problem to download it.
But these problems will be solved.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you can't pull off the two-tile column system with settings>start+theme, why don't you consider the WP7 tile layout? Two columns of tiles, with the rightmost third left empty for negative space.

Best YouTube app is myTube, by the way. Better than what any YT app Google's put out so far.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The best youtube app is myTube....

Believe me it will just blow you away with its fluid ui......it has just got a new update with lot of new features..

But in any case, if you dont like this one, you should probably go for 'metrotube' app...

2 columns tiles is not possible and also removing the missing SIM notification can not be deleted. Sorry

MyTube is indeed good but there was just a new version release and there maybe some problem to download it.
But these problems will be solved.

If you can't pull off the two-tile column system with settings>start+theme, why don't you consider the WP7 tile layout? Two columns of tiles, with the rightmost third left empty for negative space.

Best YouTube app is myTube, by the way. Better than what any YT app Google's put out so far.

@Apurv & Wandering Traveler: Thanks, will try myTube. Can myTube also download too? If not, is there another app that can download videos?

@Harrie-S Sad, but I could live with these minor problems.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Bro I hv Lumia 730 too... N yes I loving it.. Well for YouTube videos downloading I prefer UC Browser... Its d most comprehensive browser in windows phone. I think u should try it... 😊

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Are there any significant problems with the Lumia 730 or is it fine like previous Lumias like any performance issues or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo