Just lost my interest in Dead Rising 3...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
But we are also getting those 1080p and 60fps games. Not to mention that it's still easy to reach thsoe numbers if you just make the game lower detail just otherwise, it would just be sleight of hand if they did that, though.

As of now, we're getting one 1080p/60 FPS game that I know of. Maybe the sports games hit it as well, but Need for Speed: Rivals is 1080/30 Ryse is 900p/60, CoD, Battlefield, and Killer Instinct are 720/60, and Dead Rising is 720/30. I'm not sure about Crimson Dragon, but that pretty much covers everything (except Assassin's Creed, which is allegedly 720p or 900p, didn't find anything concrete).

So, other than Forza, it's hard to say we're going to get a top-notch visual experience. I can survive without it, but it is still disappointing.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've heard from many sources about several EA games, there was UFC and something else, being 1080/60.

Then I'm pretty sure Minecraft Xbox One edition will run at 1080/60 too lol! :D

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The question you've got to ask yourself with DR3 is will it really matter? When your sitting there in your living room, lights off, alone, trying to stay calm so the Kinect doesn't pick up elevated heart rate and other noises to give your position away to the zombies are you really going to be that bothered that your creeping around at 30fps?

With the amount that's gone into that game with sheer size, numbers of zombies, no loading anywhere, Kinect functions and smartglass functions... Personally I will take the 30fps just for the game being truly next gen in every other area and making the most of the xbox one experience.

I've not been paying that much attention, so while I had heard some news about Kinects heart rate ability, I did not know that Dead Rising would use it to alert zombies. That's evil!!! Noises I can understand, but you'd have to have a Zombie with super hearing to hear a heart beat. That's an interesting gameplay mechanic.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Dude legit 4K games are not going to happen on the PS4 and Xbox One. Like yeah maybe like solitaire or some BS game will display 4K, but there is just no way these consoles will be able to put out games as intense as Call Of Duty, Dead Rising, Battlefield, Forza, Titanfall, etc with native 4K resolution! Hell, the consoles are physically capped at 30fps 4K for video, but I still don't see games running at this, and any less framerate I would prefer it just be in 1080p at 60fps.

That's not what MS said on Twitter...I'll see if I can find the "tweet"... and even at the press statement they hinted at it when the topic... Time will tell but with the big push of 4K tv next year(watch CES next year, you will see what I mean), it will only be a few years before that's all you will be able to buy if you want a mid line tv...

If they are having a hard time with 1080p @60fps, I am sure they will have issues with 4K

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've heard from many sources about several EA games, there was UFC and something else, being 1080/60.

Then I'm pretty sure Minecraft Xbox One edition will run at 1080/60 too lol! :D

Yeah, but if you look at the install sizes of the EA games, they make you wonder how advanced they actually are. Sub-10 GB on some installs? That doesn't fall in-line with what other games are coming in at.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I've not been paying that much attention, so while I had heard some news about Kinects heart rate ability, I did not know that Dead Rising would use it to alert zombies. That's evil!!! Noises I can understand, but you'd have to have a Zombie with super hearing to hear a heart beat. That's an interesting gameplay mechanic.

And this is why the resolution/FPS doesn't bug me all that much. It wasn't resolution that sold the Wii or DS. It was thinking out of the box. You can't just keep cramming hardware into a casing. That's for PC users. (I mean that in the best way possible. ;) )

All things considered the Kinect itself did sell. It may not have sold games, but it did sell. More so, it sold the idea of motion capture as a game mechanic. And more interestingly, it got developers very fascinated with what such a device could do for them, to the point that most of the innovative uses for it went way beyond the Xbox. There's one developer that combined the Kinect with an Oculus rift and a frictionless pad with matching shoes to create a VR mod of some Valve games.

I would argue it's not fancy graphics that is the next gen. It's full-on experiences. The fancy graphics will follow regardless. They're not optimized now. When you have developers making games purely for that experience, they will be.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Mega Man X, the coolest Mega Man!

When Mega Man X came out, I was in 5th grade I believe. I actually found my parents' "present stash' for Christmas that year. Saw Mega Man X, got really excited. Opened it and played through half the game before Christmas. Always made sure to put the box back in its place with the box sealed up nice (back then - at least at the store my parents bought games from they didn't have the plastic wrap around the games :))

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I was going to post this video...from the looks of it the stutter on the FPS during driving seems taken care of. I think the main issue is people are playing older builds of software and basing judgment off that. I for the life of me can't understand why people don't get this. Two months out and people are pointing out flaws in games? UI's? Features? Non-features? All pointed at X1.

If anything look at the recent PS4 news...horrible reviews on the games, the console gets knocked around on reviews, the system is bricking left and right. That is the main story. MS has been upfront and forthcoming with X1 where PS4 has been kind of left to its own devices and has gotten a pass on a lot of the negativity thrown its way especially the past few days. Mis-Information has always been Sony's strong suit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea