Keepass for WP 8.1 working: Codesafe Pro

CernT

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Found it while looking for a working alternative
Fans of Keepass know that "7pass" (Keepass for WP8.1) won't work atm if you have the data stored on the internal SD. An updated version will come in the near future 7Pass | KeePass reader for Windows Phone

Until then you can try Codesafe Pro which works for me very well in combination with a file explorer (i.e. Aerize Explorer worked for me) to link the data-file for the first run of the program
CodeSafe Pro | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland)

MicFidelity

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Good tip! I never wanted to put my KeePass database on SkyDrive aka OneDrive. Why was there ever that limitation in the first place? Anything in the cloud theoretically compromises security.

No need to wait for WP 8.1 on certain phones when CodeSafe Pro looks nearly identical (visually) to 7Pass and lets you simply use the SD card. Does the same vendor make both apps or did one copy the other?

Note that CodeSafe Pro only allowed SD access when I manually created a "CodeSafe" folder on my SD card and put my KeePass file in it (it warns you to do so but could use more details).

MaXi32

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Useless for phone that doesn't have SD card. If you lost the database file, how are you going to retrieve it back? no online sync either. Saving KeePass database on cloud is safe if you can encrypt it with multiple layers. I use BoxCryptor + TrueCrypt to encrypt my KeePass Password and sync it with SkyDrive (except the Key File). It might take them 1million years to decrypt the files but at that time, I'm enjoying my life in another world.

Last edited:

MicFidelity

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Are there any phones that lack SD cards in practical use? I just prefer my private stuff to stay off the cloud and don't need password editing access on my phone. Anyhow, this app does have access to SkyDrive, Dropbox, etc. Seems like you haven't tried it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon