[L535] Can't move or install apps on uSDcard?

Nur Imam Febrianto

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
i cant install application on sdcard. if i set application to be installed by default on sdcard at storage sense, windows store shows error cant connect to store. If i try to install it offline by downloading the xap files, its still error. If i try to move the application into sdcard, it doesnt do anything. It still on my phone memory. im using lumia 535 dual sim, using latest update. Already tried it at Denim update or GDR2 update (using insider). anybody can help me out ?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried checking your SD Card for possible sector corruption? You can do this by either removing your SD Card from your phone and then putting it back inside (don't forget to eject it properly), or by using a PC to scan for damaged sectors.

This happened with an L535 I used to own, and the problem was that the SD Card was already starting to fail and was automatically write-protected to prevent data loss.

Nur Imam Febrianto

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
i think my sd card is fine. already try to test it on my another phone, and its working normally. i even tried to use another card and the problem still exist. i tried to format it too but the issue still same. all my card are class 10 and i think the cards shouldnt be the problem.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Since you have tried using a different SD Card already, it seems that the problem is with the phone itself. This is to presume that the formatting method you mentioned in post #3 is the one through the phone itself (if not, then try formatting the card through your phone first).

You may need to reinstall the OS of your phone through the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. This should eliminate all software-level glitches.

Nur Imam Febrianto

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
already tried to reinstall the OS. I can install the apps on sdcard, however when i reboot the phone for the first time, the application that moved into sdcard not working. And whenever i tried to move the application into sdcard after that first reboot, its still same issue. any solution ?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay give this a shot and it should really work unless its a hardware problem.

1) remove SD card and restore firmware to default using the recovery tool

2) update all system apps and built in apps after initial setup, don't start downloading other apps yet

3) format SD card using exFAT on PC and reinsert

4) start downloading apps to SD card but wait sometime after the install to reboot your phone, apps need time to settle in

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
What you can also do is go to Settings.. Storage sense.. Tap SD card.. Swipe down to bottom and tap format.. Once format completes try and install to SD again.

**Note formatting your SD card will wipe any apps, files and or media from the card.... Also to safely remove your card from your phone there is another option below format to remove it safely in the SD card section of storage sense**

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
already tried that. same issue happened. and apparently this things happened not only in my phone, 2 friends of mine that using 535 have same issue too.
So you're saying you and including 2 of your friends have already gone through all my exact steps and still have the same issue? When I say exact please read them again because this sounds really fishy.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Also make sure your SD card slot is clean. If there is something there like dust the card won't be read on the phone. Just use a can of compressed air and clean it out that way.

Nur Imam Febrianto

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
already tried the same step but still experiencing same issue. how long i must wait ? i tried to install only 5mb of apps (torrex pro) and already wait it for 10 minutes.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you got your phone date/time/region set correctly? If either of these are wrong your not going to connect to windows store.

Sherif Mohamed2

May 20, 2015
Visit site
i have the same problem and i did every thing that every one said to me !
Exfat and fat32 formatting via PC - recovery tools! hard/soft restet and more methods I've read i;ve tried it!
but i have the problem reboot then all apps on SD get stuck ot loading screen and no icons of tiles for Apps from SD. i can uninstall/remove those apps but whenever i try to get them back for store its pending for ever!! need a cure please help if you can

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem and i did every thing that every one said to me !
Exfat and fat32 formatting via PC - recovery tools! hard/soft restet and more methods I've read i;ve tried it!
but i have the problem reboot then all apps on SD get stuck ot loading screen and no icons of tiles for Apps from SD. i can uninstall/remove those apps but whenever i try to get them back for store its pending for ever!! need a cure please help if you can

Can u put the sd card into an sd card adapter and format it on the pc by putting it in your sd slot on your pc. Or put it in another phone and connect it to the pc and try and format it that way.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
already tried the same step but still experiencing same issue. how long i must wait ? i tried to install only 5mb of apps (torrex pro) and already wait it for 10 minutes.

Please go back to post #8 step #2 as suggested by pankaj981: it says "don't start downloading other apps yet" - that means not downloading any non-default app or any other app that didn't come with the phone "out of the box", including torrex pro, until all the steps are done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb