lapdock hdmi

zmancb7

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
So I finally got a micro-HDMI cable and I'm not sure if the adapter is broken or what but I don't see any output on my TV. Is it HDMI out or does the lapdock take HDMI in to display other video (I doubt that's the case). Is the HDMI working for anyone else? Just wondering if I can start using this as a dual screen with another monitor or watch netflix on my TV.

thanks!

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
So I finally got a micro-HDMI cable and I'm not sure if the adapter is broken or what but I don't see any output on my TV. Is it HDMI out or does the lapdock take HDMI in to display other video (I doubt that's the case). Is the HDMI working for anyone else? Just wondering if I can start using this as a dual screen with another monitor or watch netflix on my TV.

thanks!

I'm sure you are connecting it correctly. Does the TV have more than one HDMI port? Have you tried it on another TV perhaps?

Sent from mTalk

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it works the other way.If it's anything like the nexdock, then it's a micro hdmi in, not out. and its probably so you can use it with a tablet or something.

zmancb7

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure you are connecting it correctly. Does the TV have more than one HDMI port? Have you tried it on another TV perhaps?

Sent from mTalk

I connected it to another monitor and nothing...

I think it works the other way.If it's anything like the nexdock, then it's a micro hdmi in, not out. and its probably so you can use it with a tablet or something.

What would be the point in that? I tried connecting my PS4 for ****s and giggles and didn't get any picture either?

Is it just not supported yet or am I doing something wrong?

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

thanks!

If you can connect to the lapdock and theres already a display there, i think it doesnt support dual screens yet besides the Elite x3 being the first screen and the lapdock becomes the second. I'm not sure of this but i think i came across this on HP' FAQ. You could also try when connected to go into the HP Display tool on the elite x3 and into settings. See which screen does it detect as your second display. If it only detects your lapdock then im guessing the dual screen doesnt work or doesnt have the ability yet to do so. And if thats the case then your cable and lapdock are not faulty in any way.

Sent from mTalk

zmancb7

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm out of my league here, but this is how I would use your devise to attach another monitor!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1EIGkHCQj8

I know that, I guess I'm just wondering why does the lapdock have an HDMI port if it doesn't do anything?

If you can connect to the lapdock and theres already a display there, i think it doesnt support dual screens yet besides the Elite x3 being the first screen and the lapdock becomes the second. I'm not sure of this but i think i came across this on HP' FAQ. You could also try when connected to go into the HP Display tool on the elite x3 and into settings. See which screen does it detect as your second display. If it only detects your lapdock then im guessing the dual screen doesnt work or doesnt have the ability yet to do so. And if thats the case then your cable and lapdock are not faulty in any way.

Sent from mTalk

I messed with the display settings and nothing changed. I'm guess the ability isn't there yet,

What brand and model is your lapdock?

The normal x3 lapdock, there's only one as far as I know.

Christian_1

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Look in the lapdock user guide. There a combination of key to mirror the lapdock display to a second screen. By default, it doesn't do it.

zmancb7

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Look in the lapdock user guide. There a combination of key to mirror the lapdock display to a second screen. By default, it doesn't do it.

YES! I got it, thank you! It's just FN+F2 and it mirrors the lapdock to whatever monitor is plugged in. So awesome, thanks a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4