Latest Build?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
what's the latest built for the Lumia 620?
I had 8.10.14219 but accidentally ticked the 'install update' button in the preferences. (For some reason unknown I had PFD installed.)
Now I'm worried that it might update to Windows 10 which I don't want.
I have been seeing cogwheels for about an hour, nothing's happening...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
what's the latest built for the Lumia 620?
I had 8.10.14219 but accidentally ticked the 'install update' button in the preferences. (For some reason unknown I had PFD installed.)
Now I'm worried that it might update to Windows 10 which I don't want.
I have been seeing cogwheels for about an hour, nothing's happening...

My phone (920) has 8.10.14219.241.
You probably had some minor firmware update or some other oddity. If you didn't have the Insider app installed, you're fine. You had to have explicitly upgraded to 10 if you want 10.

I have interrupted the process (whatever it was) by removing the battery. Now it doesn't boot up. F+)k.

And that was something you definitely should not have done.
Hopefully you'll get your phone back on its feet, without data though.

How to downgrade the OS on a Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Central

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well it said "this may take 5 to ten minutes" and after an hour I still could not see any action.
Anyway I have successfully applied the recovery tool you linked (thanks btw) and have reset my phone to Windows Phone 8.1 it seems.
I wonder though why can't I use my back up in the cloud - I could use this evening when I reset my phone (which made the damn update appear initially)

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so eight hours ago I started another attempt to update to WP 8.1.1. (I guess) and now eight hours later I still see the cogwheels. The only difference to yesterday is that the progress bar now has completed.
But the wheels keep on turning and I simply don't know what to do.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720