Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
8.10.14203.306 -----> is the critical update for PfD

8.10.14219.341 -----> as of December 05, 2014 is the latest update for PfD, but this gives the boot loop to our Ativ S
This update brings:
- New country support for Cortana; Spain, France, Germany and Italy (alpha)
- Cellular Data Toggle for Quick Settings access in Action Center

Correct me if I am wrong, but 8.10.14157.200 or 8.10.14176.243 is the latest official Windows Phone 8.1 Update

Snomii

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been informed by Samsung Slovenia that there isn't going to be a firmware upgrade for CSC:SIO (slovenia). It's strange to leave out some CSCs and update the others, but it looks like I'll have to change CSC and upgrade then. Sometime in the next week probably... ohhh, I have to make a list of all my apps to reinstall them later!!! This just sucks, as well as Samsung Slovenia Support!

kevcole1

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, I am curious. Has any body in New Zealand/Australia 'naturally' upgraded their Ativ S from 8.0 to 8.1.1 as yet? Has this update filtered out to local providers?

I was impatient - I initially went from 8.0 GDR2 NZ to CSC ATO to get 8.0 GDR3 after a few months of waiting, I followed the advice on this column and changed to CSC NEE to get access to 8.1.1. I then changed back CSC TNZ

So far my experience has been positive - No cortana as yet, but the rest of the features are helpful and appreciated.

One question though - will the Lumia demin update be available to ATIV S owners? Or is that a Lumia specific update or given that the ATIV S is now 'old' tech - they will not bother to pursue this update.

Cheers, Kevin

cptnMorg

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
One question though - will the Lumia demin update be available to ATIV S owners? Or is that a Lumia specific update or given that the ATIV S is now 'old' tech - they will not bother to pursue this update.
As far as I know those are Lumia only. I've been on PfD till 15 minutes ago and I never ran into any of those updates.

(flashed the ROM cause I'm done waiting for a firmware update, fingers crossed now I get everything updated to the latest official version)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know those are Lumia only. I've been on PfD till 15 minutes ago and I never ran into any of those updates.

(flashed the ROM cause I'm done waiting for a firmware update, fingers crossed now I get everything updated to the latest official version)

Do reply when or if you get the official 8.1.1
In the first post of this threas is written which CSC's did got the official 8.1.1 and which ones that got only the firmware who are running PfD. That might help you choosing the right CSc and get what you want.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, I am curious. Has any body in New Zealand/Australia 'naturally' upgraded their Ativ S from 8.0 to 8.1.1 as yet? Has this update filtered out to local providers?

I was impatient - I initially went from 8.0 GDR2 NZ to CSC ATO to get 8.0 GDR3 after a few months of waiting, I followed the advice on this column and changed to CSC NEE to get access to 8.1.1. I then changed back CSC TNZ

So far my experience has been positive - No cortana as yet, but the rest of the features are helpful and appreciated.

Cheers, Kevin

Denim update is NOKIA/MS Lumia exclusive. What we got with latest 8.1.1 from Samsung is almost the same as Denim for Lumia. That's just a name of the update Lumia devices are getting. Hope this clears it for you :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Denim update is NOKIA/MS Lumia exclusive. What we got with latest 8.1.1 from Samsung is almost the same as Denim for Lumia. That's just a name of the update Lumia devices are getting. Hope this clears it for you :)

I thought I would add that Denim is only the Firmware that WP8.1.1 will run on when Update 1 is rolled out to Microsoft Lumia devices.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought I would add that Denim is only the Firmware that WP8.1.1 will run on when Update 1 is rolled out to Microsoft Lumia devices.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, thanks Neo :)
So, this is like Samsung is ahead now of Nokia and all other WP devices with the latest firmware, LOL, imagine that! :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok this might be a stupid question coming from me, but, there was an article on Windows Central about the live tile of the Store at WP8.1.x phones that it will have 3 rotations, blah blah blah, but I have noticed that the Store live tile on my phone is not live at all, it doesn't flick or whatsoever, it's just there, static. I did unpin and pin it again, Store is allowed in the background tasks, live tile is enabled but still i got static "live" tile. Do you all have the same problem or is it static for you too? (this is for the ATIV S users running latest WP 8.1.1.).

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok this might be a stupid question coming from me, but, there was an article on Windows Central about the live tile of the Store at WP8.1.x phones that it will have 3 rotations, blah blah blah, but I have noticed that the Store live tile on my phone is not live at all, it doesn't flick or whatsoever, it's just there, static. I did unpin and pin it again, Store is allowed in the background tasks, live tile is enabled but still i got static "live" tile. Do you all have the same problem or is it static for you too? (this is for the ATIV S users running latest WP 8.1.1.).

some 4 me

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Same for me as well. I've just disabled the Live Tile functionality as it never worked, even in the PfD. I have noticed though that it specifically mentions "Show today's apps" so I wonder if that functionality still needs enabling on the server side.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Same for me as well. I've just disabled the Live Tile functionality as it never worked, even in the PfD. I have noticed though that it specifically mentions "Show today's apps" so I wonder if that functionality still needs enabling on the server side.

That sucks, would be nice if the live tile was LIVE, :)
And yeah, i disable it too, guess it's a server side bug.

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem I have enabled "Show todays apps" but nothing on the live tile for more than one week now.

I made sure I disabled the Only update tile over Wifi as well but no luck so far.

cptnMorg

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Do reply when or if you get the official 8.1.1
In the first post of this threas is written which CSC's did got the official 8.1.1 and which ones that got only the firmware who are running PfD. That might help you choosing the right CSc and get what you want.

I followed the steps in the first post here. I left my phone on ATO and everything went smoothly.

original:
wp_ss_20141107_0001.png

after flashing and updates:

wp_ss_20141212_0002.png

wp_ss_20141212_0003.png

For those who are interested on my initial setup, I had I8750OXXAMA3 CSC list which was a pain to check all of them for updates :(

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb