Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

SecretlyGreatly

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm from Malaysia and I recently bought a new Ativ S i8750. My CSC is XME and there's still no 8.1.1 update. I want to follow the instructions to flash my phone to receive the latest update but I am afraid I won't be able to revert back to my original CSC if the need for repair arises as my phone is still under warranty. So the question is will I get back my old CSC after doing a hard reset?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm from Malaysia and I recently bought a new Ativ S i8750. My CSC is XME and there's still no 8.1.1 update. I want to follow the instructions to flash my phone to receive the latest update but I am afraid I won't be able to revert back to my original CSC if the need for repair arises as my phone is still under warranty. So the question is will I get back my old CSC after doing a hard reset?

Welcome friend to WC forums. Anyway, if you haven't flash a rom before, just don't do it. Or if you want, please do some reading to understand the procedure and while you are reading take notes, you will remember easier that way what you need to do.
However, i want to ask you, when is your warranty ends? and the other question is, which method you want to do from the first post?

This goes to anyone who used the mention methods from the first post to get official (non PfD) WP8.1.1:
- Write down which method you used and which ROM did you flashed?
- Please, check your CSC converter and see if you have XME CSC in your list?
I am asking this because if our new friend SecretlyGreatly wants to flash it's phone to know if the ROM which will flash if it has the XME CSC.
Thank you

cptnMorg

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I used the I8750XXBME1_I8750OXABME1 one and I don't have his CSC. I checked I8750XXCMK2_I8750XCMK2 too and even though that one has a pretty long list of CSC codes it doesn't have XME either.

SecretlyGreatly

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
My warranty ends on November next year. I bought it cheap at MYR480 which is around 110 euros. I thought of flashing it to GDR2 first then changing to ATO. Actually i prefer not to flash my phone but I'm afraid Samsung abandoned us here. We did not even get GDR3. My phone is only on GDR2

Snomii

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok I can't wait any more... I'm switching my CSC to NEE first, if it doesn't work, PHN. These are the only two options since I don't have any other active CSCs (but I do have a lot of CSCs-7 screenshots long list!)
Backups are almost complete...
Fingers crossed!

Switched to NEE, Update coming in..... not sure what kind because it's automatically installing it without question.

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok I can't wait any more... I'm switching my CSC to NEE first, if it doesn't work, PHN. These are the only two options since I don't have any other active CSCs (but I do have a lot of CSCs-7 screenshots long list!)
Backups are almost complete...
Fingers crossed!

Switched to NEE, Update coming in..... not sure what kind because it's automatically installing it without question.

If you were on WP8 GDR3, and switch to NEE, the first one you get is an update that will prepare your phone for the 8.1.1 update. After that, the main update is coming. Do tell us the results if you done it. :)

Snomii

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Boy, it took a long time and a lot of stress if it fails inbetween, but after the FW upgrade and OS upgrade and a hard reset (just to really clean up everything) I have
Upgraded from WP8 GDR3 to Windows Phone 8.1 Update
OS version: 8.10.14157.200
FW: 2424.14.9.4

My CSC before was SIO (Slovenia) and let me reiterate that I was informed by Samsung Slovenia that there won't be an upgrade for that CSC. I was surprised that the previous WP8 OS had saved/synced also the applications, which I had thought is only possible in WP8.1.

Anyway, i'm in the middle of installing/updating apps, followed by pimping my phone! :D
Yeeeey! Let me say that I'm very grateful for all the users who have posted some hints/guidelines/etc in the past few months. Without this topic I wouldn't even know there was such a thing as CSC change!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Boy, it took a long time and a lot of stress if it fails inbetween, but after the FW upgrade and OS upgrade and a hard reset (just to really clean up everything) I have
Upgraded from WP8 GDR3 to Windows Phone 8.1 Update
OS version: 8.10.14157.200
FW: 2424.14.9.4

My CSC before was SIO (Slovenia) and let me reiterate that I was informed by Samsung Slovenia that there won't be an upgrade for that CSC. I was surprised that the previous WP8 OS had saved/synced also the applications, which I had thought is only possible in WP8.1.

Anyway, i'm in the middle of installing/updating apps, followed by pimping my phone! :D
Yeeeey! Let me say that I'm very grateful for all the users who have posted some hints/guidelines/etc in the past few months. Without this topic I wouldn't even know there was such a thing as CSC change!

Congrats buddy, enjoy your new OS :) You have the latest official WP8.1.1 Samsung firmware :) Just like mine.
For other users who have Firmware Revision Number 2424.14.9.4 just to clear that NEE is getting that firmware, if you have 2424.14.9.3, that doesn't mean that NEE have the newest version, it's just a number, it doesn't indicate that is newer.

Seb Sheffield

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I've flashed the GDR2 again and the phone acts the same...when used "harder" the restarting loop begins and after 2-3 times it shows it has no battery left and closes. In 10 minutes when I open it, it shows me the normal % of battery. With minimal usage, it can last me for 2 days. When plugged for charging, no matter what I do with it, it behaves normally, not rebooting.
I am still not sure if it's a software, hardware or battery problem. If it's the battery, it is a big coincidence to start making problems now. And if the phone drops from 80% to 2% and closes and in 10 minutes when I start it shows again 80% and then, with minimal use, it behaves normal, could this really be a battery problem? Sounds like software, but why does it do the same when reverting to GDR2?
I've read another post on another forum with having the same problem, it seems I'm not alone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte