Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
How ever, switching csc also means resetting the phone and losing all data. I for one don't wanna do that. So I'm still on dbt with pfd and there is no firmware to be seen. And I wonder how long I still want to wait :)

Edit;
And given the latest pfd update, it's probably not 100% save to update. I think I got lucky. But on the same time I also didn't get Cortana...

Last edited:

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I already elaborate this in few posts before, but, if you change just the CSC (not flashing a new rom), then if you get the update, right after you get it and all is done, you can switch back to your previous CSC, the phone will hard reset and you got it back then.
My default CSC was MBM (which stands for T-Mobile Macedonia). When i was on WP8 GDR2 (the highest that MBM can go) I swithced to NEE and got the WP8 GDR3, then i did switch back to MBM but after a while i did get back to NEE and leave it that way and almost 2 months ago i got the official WP8.1.1 with NEE. Today i am still running on NEE and everything is working perfectly. Altho my ATIV S i8750 came with 40 different CSC's. Hope I cleared things better for you now. :)

Thanks. If I just want to change CSC, should I download the 2 files in first post, or I can make it on the phone?
EDIT: I did it! Now I have 8.1 :D Anyway, I'm very disappointed about the missing of "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out" option :( I liked this option on previous Win 8 versions.

Anyway, this seems to be a random situation. Someone still has that option, someone not. Someone has it, but suddenly disappears :/

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. If I just want to change CSC, should I download the 2 files in first post, or I can make it on the phone?
EDIT: I did it! Now I have 8.1 :D Anyway, I'm very disappointed about the missing of "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out" option :( I liked this option on previous Win 8 versions.

Anyway, this seems to be a random situation. Someone still has that option, someone not. Someone has it, but suddenly disappears :/
Ok, what CSC did you change and get the update? what does it says in Settings> About for Software: Windows phone 8.1 Update?
And yes, that Wi-Fi thing is missing here, but now Wi-Fi is staying on when screen is off by default.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, what CSC did you change and get the update? what does it says in Settings> About for Software: Windows phone 8.1 Update?
And yes, that Wi-Fi thing is missing here, but now Wi-Fi is staying on when screen is off by default.

I never turn WiFi off TBH and yes, that option is missing for me as well but it does stay on when the screen is off by default now.

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Merry Xmas, but this is really F* upped now.
csc NEE was the last one to get the WP8.1 update. This was in October.
And after this they stopped with the rollout for other csc.
We are now ending this year and still waiting for this sh**

Thanks very much SlowSang!

Papsie5

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I followed your instructions and it went flawless, my Samsung Ativ has the latest 8.1.1 and it runs like a charm!

Thanks and have cheerfull holidays :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Merry Xmas, but this is really F* upped now.csc NEE was the last one to get the WP8.1 update. This was in October.And after this they stopped with the rollout for other csc. We are now ending this year and still waiting for this sh**

Thanks very much SlowSang!

I suppose you do know how many CSCs and IMEI numbers they have to roll the update out to then?

Don't like it, then go get a Lumia and get your updates equally, if not slower, than Samsung!!!!

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Are there any news for ppl with pfd and dbt? Or should I wait until the bootloop is fixed and start a flash-session? -_-

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I suppose you do know how many CSCs and IMEI numbers they have to roll the update out to then?

Don't like it, then go get a Lumia and get your updates equally, if not slower, than Samsung!!!!

Man...you and your IMEI's...
I am not talking about IMEI, I am talking about CSC
Are you aware that there has not been any confirmation about any other CSC getting WP8.1 after NEE?
Just a recap for you: From Aug to Oct there has been updates every week for different CSC's and after that the roll out stopped and went to the Ativ NEO.

There are still other CSC's with larger population who still are wating.

I can get WP8.1 one way or the other. But I still see it coming to me the normal way.
So don't talk to me what to get or not. The Lumia is garbage.

Bah Humbug

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Guys,does you camera make photos a little bit green/blue when do it with flash?I mean my door its almost white wood and the photo with flash seems to be a little green not the original colour.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Man...you and your IMEI's...
I am not talking about IMEI, I am talking about CSC
Are you aware that there has not been any confirmation about any other CSC getting WP8.1 after NEE?
Just a recap for you: From Aug to Oct there has been updates every week for different CSC's and after that the roll out stopped and went to the Ativ NEO.

There are still other CSC's with larger population who still are wating.

I can get WP8.1 one way or the other. But I still see it coming to me the normal way.
So don't talk to me what to get or not. The Lumia is garbage.

Bah Humbug

Yet updates are rolled out according to both CSC and IMEI and that's why update rollouts take so long. You should also know that there are regional differences in firmware as well. Are you telling me that you would rather have a bug filled update rolled out to countries with a larger population first?

I've been using Smartphones for long enough to know how updates are rolled out thank you very much.

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have seldom reboots under latest and final WP8.1, under developer preview never had any issue in this regard, especially when i open the settings and check the battery saver. I did one factory reset when/after i installed WP8.1.
Anyone has encountered the same problem?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have seldom reboots under latest and final WP8.1, under developer preview never had any issue in this regard, especially when i open the settings and check the battery saver. I did one factory reset when/after i installed WP8.1.
Anyone has encountered the same problem?

I also have random reboots, official 8.1.1 firmware with pfd. But they are always when phone is in sleep mode, never when used.

Check your signal strength, the ATIV S reboots when you have low signal strength and it's not a bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05