Leaked HTC RTM ROM for VZW Trophy applied

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
you lose...EVERYTHING when you do the flash, but I didn't have to roll back to NoDo to apply it.

So far everything is working just fine.

Now if I could just remember the order I had my live tiles in...

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded it, how exactly did you apply it? anything special? I have the RTM right now... now sure if there is any advantage to waiting for the zune released version.. or maybe i just dont feel like having my phone wiped clean yet, hehe

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I removed all my music then ran the RUU installer. In addition to upgrading the OS to 7.5, it updates the radio and device firmware. What you get at the end of the process is a clean phone just as if you'd run a system wipe, but with the updates. Hardest part for me was remembering which apps I'd already bought.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find step-by-step, (mostly) idiot-proof instructions for how to do this on Verizon HTC Trophy? As a non-developer? I can follow directions with the best of them, as long as they are in layperson-English instead of XDA. Anyone?

Loaded leaked Gingerbread onto the ANDROID I sold to get Windows phone, but more nervous about attempting this. Getting tired of compulsively checking for updates...would rather load the leaked Verizon final than continue checking like a madwoman. Need my life (and productivity) back!

Any advice welcome. Thanks!

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
There's actually nothing more complex than starting your phone in bootloader mode (Hold Volume down, then power button) and plugging it into your PC via USB (directly not through a hub) then run the RUU exe. Wait about 10 min for it to load, then done. :)

Easy, Peasy.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I removed all my music then ran the RUU installer. In addition to upgrading the OS to 7.5, it updates the radio and device firmware. What you get at the end of the process is a clean phone just as if you'd run a system wipe, but with the updates. Hardest part for me was remembering which apps I'd already bought.

So, I guess purchased apps are not auto installed after signing in to your XBL account? I suppose that doesn't surprise me as that's the way it is on the 360 with games purchased from the marketplace.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
How do I open in bootloader mode?

There's actually nothing more complex than starting your phone in bootloader mode (Hold Volume down, then power button) and plugging it into your PC via USB (directly not through a hub) then run the RUU exe. Wait about 10 min for it to load, then done. :)

Easy, Peasy.

I am not having any luck opening in bootloader mode: hold volume, then power, and phone simply turns back on in normal operating mode. Is Trophy perhaps different from your Omnia?

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Got bootloader mode, but USB connection not recognized

I am not having any luck opening in bootloader mode: hold volume, then power, and phone simply turns back on in normal operating mode. Is Trophy perhaps different from your Omnia?

Phone is in bootloader mode, but now when I run RUU installer, it can't find my phone. Computer finds it as 'new hardware' when I pug in USB, but RUU is telling me that the update utility cannot connect to my phone. I have checked both ends of the cable (and Windows sees it as 'new hardware' when I plug it in, but no luck loading. telling me it is not connected.

Help - I now have phone stuck in bootloader mode - need help getting it back - can I just turn off from this and back on in normal mode? Eeeks!!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
In Zune, open Settings -> Account -> Purchase History. You can see all the apps you've downloaded there.

So, I guess purchased apps are not auto installed after signing in to your XBL account? I suppose that doesn't surprise me as that's the way it is on the 360 with games purchased from the marketplace.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Apps that you get using the Zune software will automatically get reinstalled. Apps that you get from the Marketplace on the phone will have to be manually reinstalled. I'm still hoping that there will be a way to control which apps get reinstalled once MS releases the web based Marketplace.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Back to NoDo to wait for Mango

Phone is in bootloader mode, but now when I run RUU installer, it can't find my phone. Computer finds it as 'new hardware' when I pug in USB, but RUU is telling me that the update utility cannot connect to my phone. I have checked both ends of the cable (and Windows sees it as 'new hardware' when I plug it in, but no luck loading. telling me it is not connected.

Help - I now have phone stuck in bootloader mode - need help getting it back - can I just turn off from this and back on in normal mode? Eeeks!!

No luck applying the leaked Verizon RUU update. Figured out that I needed Qualcomm driver(s), but didn't find them directly @ Windows or Qualcomm...and got leery of all the driver-updaters trying to sell me updates and change drivers I was not interested in messing with.

Closed bootloader and will patiently stick with NoDo until the darn Mango update comes through. Impatient, but not enough to repeat the scare from last night! In over my novice head, I was...

Thanks for suggestions - wish they had worked!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

When it updates the radio does it do anything to the reception? I'm hoping it will get better as mine doesn't do that well right now.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I managed to successfully apply the RUU update (Verizon). Thought I would explain what I think my problems were for others who may be considering:

1) Firewall/ antivirus - blocked search for appropriate qualcomm driver that enables RUU installer to identify / find the phone in bootloader mode

2) Windows XP vs. Windows 7. Needed Silverlight and the device dashboard in order to find and load the qualcomm driver. Silverlight works with Windows 7 (my laptop) but not with XP (as far as I could tell). In either case, installation from laptop went perfectly smoothly. Most time consuming part was the numerous updates needed to find and load the driver. RUU was exactly 10 min - or even a bit less.

Even with official update (more or less) imminent, man was this worth it. Nicest changes so far - changes that may have been mentioned yet not featured in various reviews:

Larger screen area in browser. The layout has been optimized, to move URL status bar to the bottom and collapse what were the navigational keys into a menu. This enlarges the display by 1/3 inch from top to bottom. The entire display area is now used - and this difference is remarkably noticeable.

Battery Saver has been added to Settings menu. Options here include choice of two battery saver modes, and a battery status indicator including percent battery life, estimate time remaining on charge, and time since last charge. Got used to this w/ Android - missed it on WPphone, but not a deal breaker. Getting it now is bonus.

App-switching. Still rudimentary, but nice. You can see other open apps and navigate between them, however, they do reload to some degree. Example is Scrabble Helper, which does not save searches when navigating between apps. Better than before; could still use some refinement.

Color rendering is much better. This is most obvious on WPCentral site - the full blue screen that loads (when not using Board Express). What used to be the very rough and pixelated shading on the blue screen is much smoother, less pixelated. Nice.

Faster. Everything is faster and smoother (if that is possible).

For everyone in the "do you ever''' thread about playing with the animations for the sole purpose of appreciation, this will be renewed with Mango. The animations are even more amazing. When moving / pinning tiles on homescreen, all tiles move as if blowing in gentle breeze until all tiles are pinned back in place.

New NYTimes app, hit marketplace two days ago. Best Times app ever. I had (and did NOT use) the Android version, because it was awful compared to mobile site. This one is beautiful - in Metro font and layout, and again with the animations. As you tap a headline, it registers with a motion similar to the tiles on homescreen.

Live tiles - lots of changes, but I use those less. I don;'t use Xbox and have not yet started w/ Zune for music, so lots for me to test yet. Pictures tile is now live, rolling a set of three images at start before stopping on the third one. Nice.

Should be soon for everyone; just saw latest News post here on WPCentral about the confirmed launch of Mango for Vodafone tomorrow, Sep 21. It's pretty sweet.. . and since VZW are likely to be a bit longer, I am glad to be enjoying it now.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what I did but when I upgraded to rtm mango I didn't even lose a call log or text. Everthing was exactly the same

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what I did but when I upgraded to rtm mango I didn't even lose a call log or text. Everthing was exactly the same

It's likely that you just updated your OS and not the radio or device firmware. The only way anyone's going to get those items is to run the device specfice update from HTC or VZW.

When you run the HTC update the settings page should show the following versions (hardware omitted because flashing isn't going to change hardware.

OS 7.10.7720.68
Firmware 2305.13.20104.605
Radio Software 1.53.00.08.02_23.16w.05.06U
Boot Loader 2.1.230513.4

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

True. RUU wipes everything. I gave device a different name in Zune so I could copy photos back on to updates device. All else wiped (fine w/ me). Settings info is exactly as shown just above.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
It's likely that you just updated your OS and not the radio or device firmware. The only way anyone's going to get those items is to run the device specfice update from HTC or VZW.

When you run the HTC update the settings page should show the following versions (hardware omitted because flashing isn't going to change hardware.

OS 7.10.7720.68
Firmware 2305.13.20104.605
Radio Software 1.53.00.08.02_23.16w.05.06U
Boot Loader 2.1.230513.4

Wait, so you got the official? how/where?

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
and just to confirm, this is the same exact thing that will be released shortly by verizon?
the only thing keeping me back is I am hoping there will be a hack found to upgrade from RTM and keep all my settings... mainly no having to go through the fiasco of re-linking everyones name from facebook to phone numbers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion