Lets share which apps we use that aren't available on other platforms

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been reading on app gap this and app gap that and personally I don't feel it much. I got rid of android after a few months because I just didn't like it and it was slowing down a lot. I've never tried iphone as who has the money for that? That thing costs more than my laptop :grin:

So here's my thought. Can you post below the apps you know or you believe can be found on Windows Phone/Mobile but not found elsewhere. Or at least our versions are better. Also indicate your country. That is really important

I'll start below

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Country - Kenya, device - lumia 1020, platform - windows mobile 10589.11

Lumia camera - some say this is dead but for us lumia 1020 users, it's still there. And for a lot of other users, Microsoft Camera is just as good if not better. I mean, both have manual controls; where are you going to find that

Lumia Creative Studio: this speaks for itself

Lumia cinemagraph: I thought it had disappeared but it's back in the store and I downloaded it and it works on wm10

Proshot - good app for timelapses besides normal photos

Fantasia painter

Camcard

Tiny planets pro? I don't know about this one

y-ish

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
The first three were developed by Microsoft's strategic partners specifically for their own devices so no shocks!

Proshot - available for all three

Fantasia - available at least for Android

Camcard - available for all three

TPP - Available for Android as Tiny Planet FX Pro, unsure if same developer or one is ripping off the other.

When I saw the title I though it might have been referring to big name brands that decided to only support Windows, that would have to be a short listing!!

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia apps were developed by Nokia for their own devices so it's like Samsung or HTC making their Android phone customisations available to all

Proshot - available to all three

G=Fantasia - available on Android at least

Camcard - available on all three

TPP - available on Android as Tiny Planet FX Pro, unknown if same developer or what is the original

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia apps were developed by Nokia for their own devices so it's like Samsung or HTC making their Android phone customisations available to all

Proshot - available to all three

G=Fantasia - available on Android at least

Camcard - available on all three

TPP - available on Android as Tiny Planet FX Pro, unknown if same developer or what is the original

I agree you can't include Lumia apps unless the functionality doesn't exist in standard apps... Particularly camera. That's like claiming an app gap because we don't have safari out the iPhone camera. You might be able to make an argument for an app like MyTube, but then you'll get into an argument about why it even has to exist.

The only app I use that I use all the time that I'm unaware of an equally powerful one is Chess4All. The other nice one I don't use much but I think it's only available here is Baconit.

Truthfully, I think this thread will probably serve more to point out what is lacking in our store. Even if we have a nice feature or app, I think more of them exist on android or iPhone already than I care to believe. One that I recently had to accept was step counting which I thought we only had built into phones is on the others. Even continuum is a short distance away on any of the other phone systems.I know in android, the only thing missing would be a display dock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea