Like usual. CNET has something to say about Windows Phone...

Patrick95

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried to be informative.
Here's my comment:
"Why is Windows Phone good (Nokia Lumia 1520 in my case)?
Hardware reasons.
1) Awesome screen.
2) Exceptional camera.
3) Monumental battery life.
4) Wireless charging.
4) Beautiful design (mine's in yellow).
5) Monstrously powerful

Software reasons.
1) Smooth fluid OS.
2) Great email integration / love the calendar.
3) Very good keyboard.
4) Office and Onedrive integration
5) Customisable but still very classy.
6) Very stable/secure.
7) Cortana is awesome.
8) Live tiles are a good combination between icons/widgets.
9) I am not a fan of iOS or their services (feels like i'm using a launcher).
10) Used Android for a while, had a horrible experience (apps not responding, very laggy, OS drains the battery in a few hours, don't like google's services except for Youtube and their app store and it lags.
Oh and did I mention the lag?"

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried to be informative.
Here's my comment:
"Why is Windows Phone good (Nokia Lumia 1520 in my case)?
Hardware reasons.
1) Awesome screen.
2) Exceptional camera.
3) Monumental battery life.
4) Wireless charging.
4) Beautiful design (mine's in yellow).
5) Monstrously powerful

Software reasons.
1) Smooth fluid OS.
2) Great email integration / love the calendar.
3) Very good keyboard.
4) Office and Onedrive integration
5) Customisable but still very classy.
6) Very stable/secure.
7) Cortana is awesome.
8) Live tiles are a good combination between icons/widgets.
9) I am not a fan of iOS or their services (feels like i'm using a launcher).
10) Used Android for a while, had a horrible experience (apps not responding, very laggy, OS drains the battery in a few hours, don't like google's services except for Youtube and their app store and it lags.
Oh and did I mention the lag?"

Lol. Just to let you know though, not all Android phones are like that, especially Nexus's.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Haha, yeah I know. I haven't owned a Nexus device but I hear it's the smoothest android experience.
My opinion is based off owning a HTC sensation and a Samsung GS3. :)

Okay, now that's bad. That's almost like when Jeff said he used an old Windows Mobile phone, and it's still as bad. Try not to be hypocritical please. I mean, the HTC Sensation and the S3 are OLD, and especially Samsung, they're bad.

Patrick95

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay, now that's bad. That's almost like when Jeff said he used an old Windows Mobile phone, and it's still as bad. Try not to be hypocritical please. I mean, the HTC Sensation and the S3 are OLD, and especially Samsung, they're bad.
Oh come on chief, the S3 is not THAT old. It's like someone saying they used a Lumia 920 and didn't like windows phone, what's wrong with that?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh come on chief, the S3 is not THAT old. It's like someone saying they used a Lumia 920 and didn't like windows phone, what's wrong with that?

The S3 is older than the 920. It's the same age as the 900. If someone used the 900 and said they didn't like WP, that would be bad, as that was WP7.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Also it's not like I haven't used an S5, One m8, etc... and don't know what the latest version of Android is about.

Didn't say you didn't. Meant to say to be careful when we judge other OSes when we haven't used them in awhile. But like I said too, your statement was NOT NEARLY as bad as that guy from CNET. He hasn't used a Windows Phone since 2008, and that was a WM! LOL!

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Sigh. Another website. Another bashing.

I mean come on, I try to stay neutral as much as possible, and I never bash other platforms. I do my best to respect others who support other platforms, and yes, I would criticize WP when there is something I am really not happy with. But sadly, a lot of tech-journalism doesn't think that way nowadays. Many websites that report on tech tend to bash WP, and what would a more shining example be ? The Verge ? This ? I don't know. Maybe 4-5 years back there was some fairness, but now ? Nope.

Than again, there ARE websites that are still quite fair. Phonearena (they are generally quite fair. but the community there can be quite toxic at times), Pocketnow (they praise and criticize WP at the same time, and are quite fair), and finally, WPCentral (like DUH?). Anyway my point is that we should not be overly offended by this guy's comment. I believe that everyone has a choice in which OS they prefer to choose, be it iOS, Android, WP, or even BBOS. No one's stopping you from choosing what YOU want. And even if they sneer at you, so what ? Didn't everything started out as something not-great ? Its not like iOS started out as what it is today, neither was Android. So the same goes for WP. We may be not as large as the big guys out there. But we have a dedicated community. So don't care what others say, live and love what you have chosen, but don't forget to respect others also.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Also it's not like I haven't used an S5, One m8, etc... and don't know what the latest version of Android is about.

No matter how powerful hardware is, companies like Samsung bring it down their Touchwiz software.

If you ever try a Nexus 5 or HTC One, they don't lag.

Infact I have a Nexus 5 right now.

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No matter how powerful hardware is, companies like Samsung bring it down their Touchwiz software.

If you ever try a Nexus 5 or HTC One, they don't lag.

Infact I have a Nexus 5 right now.

I own a Nexus 5 and it is a great device on the hardware side. However, it is definitely not as smooth an experience overall as my 1520. The Nexus 5 is far from lag-free.

Off-topic: I'd love to put WP on my Nexus 5 one day. That would make it a perfect phone IMO.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I own a Nexus 5 and it is a great device on the hardware side. However, it is definitely not as smooth an experience overall as my 1520. The Nexus 5 is far from lag-free.

Off-topic: I'd love to put WP on my Nexus 5 one day. That would make it a perfect phone IMO.

My Nexus 5 did stutter in a few places when I got it, but when I switched to ART it became much faster and no lags at all. Where do you feel that the Nexus 5 lags?

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, they are ignorant but honestly...I don't hate these guys, I see why they are speaking this way about WP. Come on guys, we can't be in denial...WP has what 3% market share, do we really expect android and IOS fans to embrace an OS that's in a very distant 3rd? I don't know, I love my WP but I can no longer bash people who insult it because the reality for me is...general.public doesn't want it, plain and simple. They want what's cool, and that's iPhone or Samsung (Android).
I don't hate them either. But as a "journalist" you should be more objective yes WP's market share is low but so is the MacBook and as the video shows they all were using them. I don't see iFanboys trashing it because it has 3 or less than 3% market share. I am not comparing the devices just the market share.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't hate them either. But as a "journalist" you should be more objective yes WP's market share is low but so is the MacBook and as the video shows they all were using them. I don't see iFanboys trashing it because it has 3 or less than 3% market share. I am not comparing the devices just the market share.

As i said apple pays well for loyalty Ms needs to pay ppl lol... That and mac's just have a silkiness to it that windows does not have except for maybe the surface as MS makes that ... hence why i think a surface laptop can change peoples perception of windows .. maybe Nokia will be a more refined WP experience under MS but CNET has no credibility in my eyes. ... i would have them stop review certain tech items. they are biased...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
As i said apple pays well for loyalty Ms needs to pay ppl lol... That and mac's just have a silkiness to it that windows does not have except for maybe the surface as MS makes that ... hence why i think a surface laptop can change peoples perception of windows .. maybe Nokia will be a more refined WP experience under MS but CNET has no credibility in my eyes. ... i would have them stop review certain tech items. they are biased...

I agree with your Mac statement. Macs feel WAY more premium than a standard PC. Not talking about the Surface Pro series and gaming laptops, but regular ones, like ones from Dell, HP, etc. Apple puts out better quality hardware, and it helps with the software experience. It is more expensive, yes, but it lasts longer than a general PC.

I love the Surface Pro 3, my favorite regular PC/ultrabook (meaning not including gaming PCs like the Razer Blade), but since I need a higher speced machine, I get the Mac. Plus, Macs can run both Mac OS and Windows OFFICIALLY, while the "Hackintosh" solution isn't the same.

And Yosemite, DAMN it's pretty and feature-full! My brother has it on his 13" MBP retina, it's really great.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Most people do the app comparison, which I think is still true. While we may have to main apps, if we get an app, it is ALWAYS behind the iOS and Android versions, or we never get the app.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Most people do the app comparison, which I think is still true. While we may have to main apps, if we get an app, it is ALWAYS behind the iOS and Android versions, or we never get the app.
Indeed. The gap is not as big as it once was, but there are still certain apps I would like to see on WP that aren't here yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6