Like usual. CNET has something to say about Windows Phone...

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
did anyone see the new article posted. just look at headline. "How Microsoft will ride Android hardware to save Windows Phone"

wow CNET. i didnt know Windows Phone needed saving. didnt you just not say that we are our own "separate world?" so all of a sudden, we need to be saved...

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
did anyone see the new article posted. just look at headline. "How Microsoft will ride Android hardware to save Windows Phone"

wow CNET. i didnt know Windows Phone needed saving. didnt you just not say that we are our own "separate world?" so all of a sudden, we need to be saved...

With 2.5% of the market share, Windows Phone does need saving.

Just saying.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The reality is that until recently, MSFT wasn't making WP or anything mobile for that matter, a,priority. I probably averaged a WP commercial every two months now I see them about three times a day. Threshold holds the keys to WP success moving forward and WP9.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The reality is that until recently, MSFT wasn't making WP or anything mobile for that matter, a,priority. I probably averaged a WP commercial every two months now I see them about three times a day. Threshold holds the keys to WP success moving forward and WP9.
-nevermind didn't read properly

Last edited:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
With 2.5% of the market share, Windows Phone does need saving.

Just saying.

Agreed, it does...anyone saying WP is healthy is in denial...anyone believing MS will keep on investing in this division down the road with same market share now is out to lunch.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
The problem is some folks hate to be reminded of the reality of this.

If people can't laugh along with the rest of the people who are laughing, this is a sure sign of insecurity on their part.

It's a phone... Nothing more.....

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The problem is some folks hate to be reminded of the reality of this.

If people can't laugh along with the rest of the people who are laughing, this is a sure sign of insecurity on their part.

It's a phone... Nothing more.....

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

I can laugh along when it's every now and then, but with CNET, it seems like an obsession. Similar to a joke, it's funny the first time you hear it, but it starts to get annoying after the 3rd or 4th time.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I can laugh along when it's every now and then, but with CNET, it seems like an obsession. Similar to a joke, it's funny the first time you hear it, but it starts to get annoying after the 3rd or 4th time.
Very true and even the nature of the podcast has taken a very downward spiral with two very negative people hosting it. When there was a person on the show who was more optimistic and not so troll minded it was better.

Last edited:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Would like the LG G3, but Windows Phone does not support QHD? Could have Intel, but no its Qualcomm only.

G3 is a damn sexy device, I've tested out the demo a few times and I'm so tempted to grab one...i really like it a lot, more so than the M8

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
G3 is a damn sexy device, I've tested out the demo a few times and I'm so tempted to grab one...i really like it a lot, more so than the M8

I will never buy an LG phone that isn't a Nexus. Why? They have the WORST update process of all the major OEMs, and slightly older devices lose support quickly. Plus, LG's skin is bad, imo. Not as bad as TouchWiz though.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Well let's be honest the best thing about LG is their screens, I'm drooling at their Ultra-Wide monitors that have some beautiful contrast and colors! As for phones I have no clue :p

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well let's be honest the best thing about LG is their screens, I'm drooling at their Ultra-Wide monitors that have some beautiful contrast and colors! As for phones I have no clue :p

Well phones and TVs are different. Non-smart TVs don't have software updates, so you don't feel left out when LG abandons their last Gen phone a year after it comes out.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I will never buy an LG phone that isn't a Nexus. Why? They have the WORST update process of all the major OEMs, and slightly older devices lose support quickly. Plus, LG's skin is bad, imo. Not as bad as TouchWiz though.

Would you buy a G3 running WP (or more likely, the G4)? That would alleviate all of the problems you just said.

Personally, I'm still mixed on the back buttons. I kinda like them, but I kinda don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett