Limited Connectivity on Wifi after Mobile Hotspot

Justin3162

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, Justin here.

A few days, ago, I was wondering if I could make my laptop a mobile hotspot, so I did a Google search and follow the instructions here:

How to turn your Windows 7 or 8.1 laptop into a wireless hotspot | TechRadar

In short, I went into cmd, and did the following:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyNet key=MyPassword

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Now, after I did this and selected my Wifi adapter as the router, the icon disappeared, which I thought was odd. After doing that, I tried connecting to my laptop but it didn't work, so I reverted it with instructions from the same website:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

After disabling it, I tried connecting to my home's Wifi and it showed Limited Connectivity. I thought it was a problem on my Router's end, so I restarted my router to no avail. The following day, I brought my laptop to uni and tried connecting to its Wifi, and it showed Limited Connectivity as well, and it had been working for the past 6 years I've had my laptop with no issues. Both times, my phone could connect absolutely fine. I'm quite convinced that attempting to change my wireless adapter into a router was the cause of this. I urgently need access to wifi for class, and I'm at my wit's end. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,
Justin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12