Limited Wi-Fi issues.

Mark Enderby

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have issues with 930 on 8.1 with the DP update 1. Works at home, but at work shows limited connectivity. Despite this and the fact there's no wireless icon showing the wireless is clearly working!

My HTC 8X on 8.1 DP didn't exhibit the problem.

Guess it's something to do with the wireless drivers.

Mark

anon8942354

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I turned off Data Sense (Current data limit = None Specified) ant now my connection appears to be stable. Device HTC 8X WP8.1 v8.10.12400.899. Web browser is loading pages faster too.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Wi-fi connectivity is better for me with 8.1 update 1 than 8. The only thing worse is that there is no option to turn off the device's wi-fi when screen locks.

James Irungu

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I wonder whether the manufacturer is aware of this; the 620 has issues with WIFI. Mine has problems with both Bluetooth and WIFI toggles; they are both dead. Visiting the web for answer has not yielded anything useful. The Nokia Care Centre in Nairobi want to hold the set for seven working days and some ksh.500/= and no one knows what else they will charge for.

Last edited:

mukul bhardwaj

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
i would like to tell you that there is non of problem of your windows phone it might be because of your WIRLESS
WI-FI ROUTER
you have to check settings of your router (e.g as i open - 192.168.1.1 for setting my router)
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO-
1) Authentication Type-WPA2-PSK
2) Encryption- AES
3) Pre-Shared Key- (ONLY CHAR TYPE KEY - e.g: wirelesswifi)

and now go to you windows phone wifi settings and DELETE old WIFI router name , now YOU HAVE TO INSERT YOUR WIRELESS KEY INTO YOUR router name which will is showing there in MOBILE AND CHECK IT ! its worrrrrking :) thankyou

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its the router, 8.1 detects when there is no internet coming from the wifi and tells you its "limited" reconnecting will do the trick, some routers simply get you out when you are idle and things like that

Andres Coda

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Limited Wi-Fi issues after upgrade to WP 8.1

I have a Nokia Lumia 620 and after I updated to wp 8.1 the wifi connection is very low. IF I go further than 5 meter from the router I lost connection. When I had wp 8.0 it was working perfectly. I tried with many different routers, but the issue remains. I hardreset the phone, I updated to the latest version wp 8.10.14219.341 but the issue remains.

Wifi works only in a range of 5 meters from the router, with original WP 8.0 version it worked perfectly, over 25 meters from the router without problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria