List of apps that have not been updated in over a year

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think WPCentral should do an article series on some of these apps, highlighting what is good about the app, and what users have been asking for in the reviews. Nothing mean-spirited, just a gentle push to let the publishers know that we would like an update.

Very good idea. Cast somewhat of a spotlight on them, drawing attention to the app.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So are we harassing them or not? :p Who will be in charge of this which-hunt.. Err I mean constructive criticism approach

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have always been a fan of sending polite criticisms to develpoers. Why not? We are a smaller lot. To show developers we are at least dedicated to WP may make a difference.

If nothing else, I feel better.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
We can definitely send polite emails (well, some of us can anyway), but I'd still be in favor of public shaming I mean encouragement. The article series should have some appropriately ironic title. Maybe a "Timeless classics" series?

Example headline: "Timeless classics: the Vine app - late 2013 vintage"

Article start: "The year was 2013. The citizens of Ukraine were still protesting their new pro-Russian president. An intrepid little startup called 'Vine' published its now classic Vine for Windows Phone app. Early rave reviews included comments like "..." (find funny quotes from reviews just after release).

This would then be followed by some comments about what users are requesting for the update.

There, template almost ready, let's get going on the first installment! Any editors in the house?

You, My good Sir, have won the internet for the day

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
We can definitely send polite emails (well, some of us can anyway), but I'd still be in favor of public shaming I mean encouragement. The article series should have some appropriately ironic title. Maybe a "Timeless classics" series?

Example headline: "Timeless classics: the Vine app - late 2013 vintage"

Article start: "The year was 2013. The citizens of Ukraine were still protesting their new pro-Russian president. An intrepid little startup called 'Vine' published its now classic Vine for Windows Phone app. Early rave reviews included comments like "..." (find funny quotes from reviews just after release).

This would then be followed by some comments about what users are requesting for the update.

There, template almost ready, let's get going on the first installment! Any editors in the house?

LOL 😁 You're amazing. 😉

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Has the Motley Fool been reading this thread?

The Real Reason Windows Phone Has Struggled (MSFT)

"Microsoft has a good selection of apps on the surface, but when you dig a little deeper you see that many companies launch a Windows app then don't update it at all. For the apps that are eventually updated, the actual update lags far behind the versions in Apple and Google's stores. "

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria