Live tile

API_Rock

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Why MS call them LIVE tiles, even they are not live! ,I have so many live tiles but none of them gets updated till I open the App. Say I have a battery tile which always displays 100% (or the % when I opened the APP), it upadates only when I open the APP, Take another example, I had T:ime me tile which displays a tile similar to HTC clock, its says in its description that it will update after every 45 minutes, but it doesn't.

Even My Facebook tile displays old posts, it updates only when I open the FB app.

MS need to do something about this. I have tried so many battery apps which displays an icon on lock screen, but that too does update.

API_Rock

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Laura Knotek, I Like my Windows Phone a lot but the way Live tile work they should call them Dumb tiles, which work only when we hit them (When we open the app.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked you settings: allow background tasks for relevant apps, turn off battery saver, allow WiFi to run under lockscreen.

sahil1990

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
well I've noticed that live tiles updates properly when the data connection is on.. even the apps which doesn't need internet connection not updates without data connection

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I heard there is a bug with the periodic task of wp8. It is suppose to update the livetiles (assuming devs used it) every 30 mins min. But triggers only when data connection is on.

API_Rock

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with sahil1990 they work only if we have data connection on even battery tile & battery icon on lock screen doesn't need data connection but they update only when there is a data connection.

@Aditya I have already checked that, I have allowed to run all background tasks, but they too doesn't work :(

@ mpt15 I know everything is ok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo