Live tiles not updating

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I found a post in another thread which suggested powering off the phone and waiting a full minute or more then turning it on again. That is what fixed my live tile issues. HTH,

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been having live tile issues. Tried all the suggestions in this thread (background task, reboot both with power button and swipe screen down, reboot with vol down + power button).
Live tiles just still seem broken.
Lumia 928

lum1a920

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My live tiles didn't work for almost 3 months and I tried everything suggested but still couldn't get them to work. I wanted to avoid a hard reset and so as a last ditch effort I went into Background tasks and enabled all the apps. I then opened all the apps and surprise... the live tiles started working. The only thing I have noticed is my photostream app doesn't work as a background task and some applications complain about having more than 15 apps in the background. Good luck... I know its frustrating as hell and MSFT should do something about it.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
My live tiles didn't work for almost 3 months and I tried everything suggested but still couldn't get them to work. I wanted to avoid a hard reset and so as a last ditch effort I went into Background tasks and enabled all the apps. I then opened all the apps and surprise... the live tiles started working. The only thing I have noticed is my photostream app doesn't work as a background task and some applications complain about having more than 15 apps in the background. Good luck... I know its frustrating as hell and MSFT should do something about it.

Did you have all of your apps background tasks disabled initially?

lum1a920

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you have all of your apps background tasks disabled initially?

Nope, I had the battery, weather and couple more apps enabled but they stopped updating suddenly. I then tried everything I could find but couldn't get the live tiles to work. So finally I enabled all the possible apps from settings -> background tasks. I then manually opened each and every application on the phone and voila live tiles came back to life. I know, it's magic but it's sad and unreliable.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My fight is between Weather FLow and Amazing Weather HD. Now, since WF is infamous for blocking Live Tiles (and tad bit expensive), I am wondering if I should go towards AWHD. Any suggestions?

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried everything in this forum and none of them is working. I'm having problem with WPCentral app and Amazing Weather HD after a hard reset.

darkdessert

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I fixed the problem by going into all the apps that are NOT pinned to the start screen, and go to the settings of those apps to turn off “live tile”, if there’s such a setting.

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the count. I have a 920 with "Dead Tiles". I have unpinned, repinned, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled apps that show up in the advanced section of background tasks. Went into every app on the phone and disabled lockscreens, background tasks, live tiles (except for the 7 I wanted to keep), rebooted normally, rebooted with power and volume down, cleared IE history and cache, cleared temp storage... And for a day or so a few tiles actually worked, then they stopped again. I did all of that stuff again, and the majority of them still aren't working.

It is so annoying to have a feature like this not work for so long... I really do not want to do a hard reset.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
same here, 920 whose facebook / facebook beta tile has never shown one single "live" element at all, i got one twitter one once, and nothing since! my photos and mytube ones work, but not much else - tried all the urban legends also.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing I do when my live tiles stop working, if a reboot doesn't work, I turn the phone off for a couple minutes and the turn it back on. I did it a couple if days ago when my live tiles stopped working and now they have been fine since

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124