Localytics - hmmmm scary laywer talk on comunity version

Gmotagi

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I was checking out the community version of Localytics (Analytics Plans | Android | iOS | WP7 | BlackBerry | HTML5) and thinking of using it in my (soon to be released awesome game) to get anaylitic data.

Reading through the T&C however has put me off. There is a section called 'Fees and Payment' which has this section

<snip>
Localytics may change its fee structure and payment policies for the Service from time to time. The changes will be posted on the Sites. Unless otherwise notified to you, all fees shall become due and payable immediately. Past due amounts shall bear a late payment charge, until paid, at the rate of one and one half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum amount permitted by law, whichever is less. You agree to reimburse Localytics for all costs (including attorneys? fees) incurred by Localytics in collecting late payments.
<snip>

Now im no lawyer but that has totally put me off using a free version. I may be paranoid but if they changed free to paid later, and I dont see any email from them I may end up with some US lawyer on my arse.

Shame as it looked an interesting service to use.

LocalyticsDaniel

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Gmotagi,

So, our TOS is written to be universal, covering both our free and paid services. The section about changing the fee structure relates to our paid Premium and Enterprise services; the free Community service will always be free.

I do appreciate your pointing this out; I'll look into getting the TOS made clearer on this particular issue.

Understand the paranoia, but I can promise you that you'll never end up with a US lawyer on your arse - the free version is and will always be free.

Cheers,

Daniel Ruby
Localytics Director of Online Marketing
daniel@localytics.com

Reactions: Gmotagi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny