looks like the 64gb model is no more :-/

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
so I ordered a 64gb model from o2 uk , had problems with it , they replaced it , next replacement had different issues , the next 1020 they sent was a 32gb model :-/

I checked their website ...... the new 1020s they now stock are 32gb models , you can see this in the specification listing on the 1020 page here https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...phones%2Fnokia%2Flumia-1020%2F&token=8xMHz_Z2

they still have some refurbished models that are 64gb but they are more expensive

o2 have been really good with me and offered me the z2 for ?100 pound extra or the 1520 as a straight swap for my 32gb 1020 bearing in mind I paid ?240 for the 64gb 1020 with ?50 cashback offer from quidco and a ?20 software voucher I used towards an xbox one game

so all in all they are offering me a brand new 1520 for what ?170 uk pounds surely I would be mad not to snap it up?? if I cancel the contact I loose my ?50 cashback as well :-/

when I spoke to an o2 advisor they said that they ordered more 1020s but could only source the 32gb model , I am guessing they said to nokia we want more 1020s and nokia said sure we will make you more 64gb models but you need to buy x amount of them for us to make them , I can imagine o2 thought its an old phone and the 930 is coming soon we will make do with the 32gb model :-/

dam shame but I will struggle with a 32gb fixed memory 1020 and I can put a 128gb card in the 1520 and still have a 1020 as the new one was a spare as the price was so good to turn down

how do you feel about the 64gb model drying up? what would you do about the 1520 and 1020 32gb swap? surely its worth it? even if I find I don't like it I can sell it for what ?300/?400 unlocked?

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It really sucks to hear that. I couldn't use the standard 32 gig variant of the 1020. I am rather surprised they don't get any more of the higher memory models, it was a huge plus for o2 to get one of their contracts if you wanted a 1020 compared to the competition.

As for your choice, I don't know what to do. I think I'd take the 1520 and, personally I'd sell it ASAP to get a different device later this year.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
It really sucks to hear that. I couldn't use the standard 32 gig variant of the 1020. I am rather surprised they don't get any more of the higher memory models, it was a huge plus for o2 to get one of their contracts if you wanted a 1020 compared to the competition.

As for your choice, I don't know what to do. I think I'd take the 1520 and, personally I'd sell it ASAP to get a different device later this year.

the only thing I will miss is xenon and I could still have 1x 1020 64gb and a 1520 as well , I was thinking the 1520 would be handy for editing pics easier , the battery life would be great , 128gb card would be awesome , it has its pluses it also has major negatives in the fact the sensor is smaller and its missing xenon flash and the aperture isn't as good for bokeh or letting in light :-/ however some of the 1520 photos on the forum are pretty good

i2386

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I just brought nokia 1020 64gb vers from O2 in last few weeks. I had same issues as you.

1st one had fault with sound on video recording (swerling feeback noise in background on all recordings)
2nd replacement had light leak from capacitive windows button.
3rd (current one) am happy with apart from one thing... The Battery life is bad. On my previous smartphone an LG P500 (Android 2.3) I used to charge just once a day. With the Nokia 1020 its twice a day :( is a really annoyance.

The 2 phones I returned was just as bad. 1st one I charged to 100% and then went taking photos :) 2.5hrs later and t was empty :(

Browsing web and just looking at the screens tiles and wi-fi on and you see battery drains 7% in 10mins :( it would not be so much of an issue but takes 1hr 40mins to charge it :(

How are you finding the battery?

Am really happy with camera is amazing :) and have been very impressed with the qualify of the photos. Even windows phone and everything else is good but the battery is making using the phone a bad experience at the mo :( time will tell... I was to thinking about returning to it to O2 but given what you have said and the fact I guess all Nokia Lumia 1020s will have same poor battery usage I will have to get used to it... maybe might set a reminder on my phone, to err charge my phone ;)

Brill camera though :) love the depth of field and looks more like pictures taken on proper camera than a phone which is cool :)

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I just brought nokia 1020 64gb vers from O2 in last few weeks. I had same issues as you.

1st one had fault with sound on video recording (swerling feeback noise in background on all recordings)
2nd replacement had light leak from capacitive windows button.
3rd (current one) am happy with apart from one thing... The Battery life is bad. On my previous smartphone an LG P500 (Android 2.3) I used to charge just once a day. With the Nokia 1020 its twice a day :( is a really annoyance.

The 2 phones I returned was just as bad. 1st one I charged to 100% and then went taking photos :) 2.5hrs later and t was empty :(

Browsing web and just looking at the screens tiles and wi-fi on and you see battery drains 7% in 10mins :( it would not be so much of an issue but takes 1hr 40mins to charge it :(

How are you finding the battery?

Am really happy with camera is amazing :) and have been very impressed with the qualify of the photos. Even windows phone and everything else is good but the battery is making using the phone a bad experience at the mo :( time will tell... I was to thinking about returning to it to O2 but given what you have said and the fact I guess all Nokia Lumia 1020s will have same poor battery usage I will have to get used to it... maybe might set a reminder on my phone, to err charge my phone ;)

Brill camera though :) love the depth of field and looks more like pictures taken on proper camera than a phone which is cool :)

the camera is second to none , well maybe the 808 , but I sold my 808 and am happy with the 1020 , it blows most point and shoot cameras out of the water and I find myself using it more then my micro 4/3rds Panasonic g3 with pancake prime lens ;-) don't get me wrong the g3 takes great pics but its much bigger , not always with me , I find I only take it when I go partying or a planned day out and even then just because the 1020 is so easy to use I often use that and get such good results I never think I wish Id used the g3 ;-)

as for the battery life , its not great on any 1020 , anyone who says different either doesn't have the screen on that often or doesn't take many pictures or use the device that much ....... I found windows 8.1 even worse to be honest , deep sleep seemed to be worse and I could loose 2/4% an hour without even touching the phone

it does make you think about how you use the device , if I do this now will I have to charge later etc etc and it can be a bit annoying so much so I did buy an external power pack to help out , its a 5000mah battery and has the lead built in and is smaller then the 1020 so very pocketable

o2 have been great to me and sent me a 1520 in red , its glossy , I am going to hate that but ive done ok out of them I paid ?170 after discounts for the 64gb 1020 and they sell the 1520 for ?520

I think I will keep the 1520 as my daily phone because of the battery and the camera still being good but I might take the 1020 with me if I go out in the evening due to the better aperture for more light and the bigger sensor ;-) however I then thought if I am doing that I could maybe sell the 1020 and buy a sony rx-100 (?350 on amazon with ?50 cashback) I could probs get ?275 for the 64gb unlocked yellow 1020 buy the rx-100 and use the 1520 as my daily driver ;-)

so yeah the battery on the 1020 can be a bit annoying especially as its so much fun taking pics on it and that is a huge drain ;-)

I know the 1520 camera wont beat the 1020 but I hope it provides nice smooth pureview quality that I can work with , time will tell ;-)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Love my 64GB. I don't think I could cope with the 32GB model. I'm down to 7.5GBs of free space at the moment and I've spent a couple of weeks freeing up space by deleting photos that are surplus to requirements.

WP and these devices really need USB-OTG to ease space issues on devices without expandable memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077