Loss of 10-20% battery when soft resetting phone.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was actually having a really good day (for once) battery wise with my phone, I was getting to the end of the day and still had about 40% left after 8 or so hours which is amazing for my device (usually never lasts longer than 10h).

But i suddenly got a problem with making phone calls and texts ect so i decided to soft reset it (power+vol down) and it came back on, but the battery had dropped to 24%.

This happens every single time i soft reset my phone (unless it's 95%+) and i was wondering how common this problem is and if there are any solutions.

Thanks.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Powering on a phone uses a fair amount of juice from the battery for obvious reasons. What I'd be more concerned about is having to perform these soft resets so often. This points to something not quite right with your phone which needs investigating. In the three months I've had my 920 I've only had to perform a soft reset about three times and that was because I felt the phone wasn't as snappy and responsive as it should be.

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The battery level is probably an estimate based on recent usage; so reset would be short burst of high power usage...throwing the estimate off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb