Luma 1020 and official WP 8.1

Basti Sz

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I have a question about battery life, performance and picture quality in WP 8.1 Developer Preview vs Official release.

When I initially got my Lumia 1020 pictures had yellowish colour. They fixed it with Black, but after entering a Developer Preview yellow tint came back. Now I have WP 8.1 Update 1 and still yellow.
Does official WP 8.1 for 1020 fixes this bug or improves battery life?

Thank you in advance!

Aviskri

May 13, 2014
Visit site
The version of 8.1 that comes with the developers preview is the official, the tint should be fixed with the next firmware update, Lumia Cyan. Anyway you can go back to 8 with a PC program, browse the forum :p

Aviskri

May 13, 2014
Visit site
My 1020's camera is dead after the official update to 8.1. I have no idea how can i make it work.
Is the camera app the problem? It could be a hardware issue. Do a hard reset in settings> about> reset your phone, but first back up everything!

Basti Sz

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
The version of 8.1 that comes with the developers preview is the official, the tint should be fixed with the next firmware update, Lumia Cyan. Anyway you can go back to 8 with a PC program, browse the forum :p
Yellow-tinted photos issue in Lumia 1020 was a known bug fixed with Lumia Black update. When Developers Preview 8.1 came, the tint came back and it's still on in WP 8.1 Update1. IMO it's a thing that Nokia fixes in OS version for a particular phone model, but I can be wrong. So, the question is not to go back to WP8 but whether OFFICIAL WP 8.1 version for Lumia 1020 is yellow tint-free. It was never an app-related problem.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
From my extensive experience the os does not affect the white balance as the camera/jpeg algorithm is tied to the firmware. It was also not fixed on Black. But there is an appreciable difference on Cyan. Especially indoors.

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
My Camera is dead arter flashing CYAN. The problems are related to WP 8.1 and main Camera drivers. Nokia Does not seem to have a clue about this bug. Only happens to some lumia 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05