Lumia 1020 after Denim update

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I really want to know what camera features will be added to the Lumia 1020 with the Lumia Denim update. I tried searching the forums but its really confusing for me to find an exact answer. Please do shed some light on this anyone. Thanks in advance.

Andreja Dodov

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I had software update today (build creation date 27th january 2015). But still shows me Cyan,no Denim. ?!Bug?! (after cheking firmware version and OS version they match official Lumia 1020 Denim versions)

Cameron Todd

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I really want to know what camera features will be added to the Lumia 1020 with the Lumia Denim update. I tried searching the forums but its really confusing for me to find an exact answer. Please do shed some light on this anyone. Thanks in advance.
For the record.
Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 1020 is Lumia Denim (3051.50009.1451.1xxx/8.10.14226.359)
•Cortana, the most personal digital assistant, is now available also in the UK and China. New features for Cortana include improved natural language, car kit integration for contacts using Bluetooth, snooze reminders, and calendar improvements. Cortana even does character impersonations upon request.
•Organise and further personalise your start screen easily. Group apps into a folder on the start screen, rename the folder, and rearrange tiles inside the folder for greater personalisation.
•Improved Glance screen with Bing Weather or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications, and app data.
•Updates to the Lumia Storyteller and Lumia Selfie apps. Available from Store.
•Connect and browse even faster with improved download speeds on mobile websites.
•Install phone updates more easily by scheduling them for a time that works best for you.
•Additional improvements to stability, battery performance, push notifications, WiFi connectivity, consumer VPN support, Apps Corner, merging and forwarding text messages, custom snooze times in the Alarms app, Store Live Tile (available in the US only), and more.

miarkus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
After the update my phone started crashing a lot. Sometimes it happens on lock screen - screen is not turning off and touch screen ain't working. Some other times after unlocking I just see black screen with no tiles, can't do much there just reboot... Anyone else having same issues? My phone has never been that buggy I think I'll have to reinstall OS and go back to pfd.

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
A guy wrote on GSMArena

Windows 10 Technical Preview now available for phones - Reader comments

"The denim update is veru strange for me! In camera terms... I don't have the quality of lumia 1020 pictures enymore! My lumia 1020 takes photos like lumia 800!!! I've loose every detail i have before! This can be a reason for all the delay betwen lumia's updateing...i want my camera quality back!

• 2015-02-13 07:37"
My 1020 started to show some sharpness issues in the lower left corner from time to time ..

Christus Hirschus

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
If you think Denim changed something with your camera I'm pretty sure it's a placebo-effect - simply because they didn't change anything with the camera-app.

Mine is slow as ever and the quality is still great.

The phone itself still runs very smoothly and Cortana and the new folder-function work like a charm. Also there is no negative effect in terms of battery life yet.

elliot shayle

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. My phone worked perfectly before denim, but now it's much less stable. It's intermittently unresponsive, and often an app might fail to start a number of times. I'm disappointed that Microsoft doesn't do more to fix this, or at least officially acknowledge that some phones will have trouble running the update. It makes me hesitant about getting windows phone 10...

My picture quality is still good though :winktongue:.
6tag_051214-200139.jpg

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine was running fine prior to Denim, and it's been running fine since with the added, or improved, or restored features.

elliot shayle

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Mine was running fine prior to Denim, and it's been running fine since with the added, or improved, or restored features.

Well then I must say I'm rather jealous 😉. What build/os number is yours? Do you have a full memory or empty? I must know your secret 😍!

Typing this on my 1020 was quite a pain 😞

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Well then I must say I'm rather jealous ��. What build/os number is yours? Do you have a full memory or empty? I must know your secret ��!

Typing this on my 1020 was quite a pain ��
I'm on build 3051.50009.1451.10458. Build creation date is 2/3/15, although I didn't get the update prompt until May, I believe.
My only often-voiced "secret" is that I do only official updates -no previews, betas, alphas, etc. Welcome to the forum and good luck getting your 1020 in shape.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I update my 1020 to the dev preview, is Denim still the underpinning OS? Or does it revert to Cyan?
Never has an OTA, Insider or Dev Preview to date, downgraded firmware. The only way to do that requires a PC.

Although on the 1020, Cyan and Denim aren't really different, if at all I believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire