Lumia 1020 is it really a product with a small market

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It seems to me that more people have Lumia 1020 more so then any other lumia phone. Do you think Microsoft is making a mistake thinking we don't want it yet... (Because I sure do and so do others) The Lumia 1020 is a golden phone. It sets Microsoft apart from everyone else and that is the most important thing. And they say its a risk making it.. making any phone is an risk for **** sake XD

Last edited:

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I had a yellow 1020 and loved it at the time but honestly, it was always a niche product. How on earth did you conclude more people have that then any other phone?? Based on what? Microsoft are on their knees in terms of market share so it is not surprising to see that they don't see producing a successor as a priority. It would be nice but its a luxury they cant afford.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
How on earth did you conclude more people have that then any other phone?? Based on what? .

Hmmm Sorry meant to put any other Lumia phone... and to prove this i made a poll, and this is only in the realms of this website... but if the numbers are far greater here then we can assume that there are more people on the windows platform that have Lumia 1020's

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
That's quite some assumption. I would like it if they did produce one but I just cant see it happening. I would be amazed if the 920, 925, 930 and 1520 didn't all outsell the 1020. The problem if anything was that it was born too soon - i.e. before the advent of 8.1 and the Snapdragon 800. That phone would have been unbelievable with a better CPU and a slightly bigger battery (mine always drained like hell after a few snaps). Still, who knows if you lobby it may come.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That's quite some assumption. I would like it if they did produce one but I just cant see it happening. I would be amazed if the 920, 925, 930 and 1520 didn't all outsell the 1020. The problem if anything was that it was born too soon - i.e. before the advent of 8.1 and the Snapdragon 800. That phone would have been unbelievable with a better CPU and a slightly bigger battery (mine always drained like hell after a few snaps). Still, who knows if you lobby it may come.

yeah tell me about it. Lumia 1020 pack with 930 hardware... its a dream :/

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

And a niche product to me is something that is different but is not widely useful for everyday use... this for me is not the Lumia 1020

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, I would love a successor, but I know that it wouldn't happen till probably the end of next year. That camera was one of the better reasons to pick up a phone, but now it would seem that everyone else has pretty much caught up.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The ultimate goal is to create an overall great flagship smartphone that includes a great camera, better than the 1020 or 808 camera. At the same time, the greatness of the camera shouldn't in any way compromise the greatness of the smartphone. The 1020 is awesome, I love it, but let's face it, I'd love it more if there was no camera sensor adding extra thickness on the back. If Juha is correct that the 950/950XL is the best camera ever built on a Lumia/MS phone, then it sounds like they are on the right track, and why then do you need a 1020 successor?

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The ultimate goal is to create an overall great flagship smartphone that includes a great camera, better than the 1020 or 808 camera. At the same time, the greatness of the camera shouldn't in any way compromise the greatness of the smartphone. The 1020 is awesome, I love it, but let's face it, I'd love it more if there was no camera sensor adding extra thickness on the back. If Juha is correct that the 950/950XL is the best camera ever built on a Lumia/MS phone, then it sounds like they are on the right track, and why then do you need a 1020 successor?

Two reasons mp and large sensor

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

best is subjective. he could mean fastest. That in itself does not mean best. image quality means best when I look at cameras. He could also mean best camera MICROSOFT not NOKIA ever put in a phone. There are ways around what he said. I have yet to see photos that come from another phone that look as good image quality wize, compared to the 1020. NONE.

I would jump on a 1020 successor with the bump and all. Overall thinness means nothing to me. Camera performance is number one in my book. I travel ALOT, and we use our 2 1020s to track our memories. We want great photos. And we get them. We used apple, samesong (both android and windows), HTC, blackberry, and the 1020 trumps them all by a large margin in overall image quality. Yeah the apple has the slow mo gimmick, etc, but the photos that come from it are horrendous. My son as a 5s, and will soon have a 6s, and images from the iphones suck!

I hope after MS gets up and running better and more traction, they do release a 1020 successor, I am in for 2 right away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb