Lumia 1020 needs option to email full size pictures

Tim Dearden

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 1020. I love it and the camera is great. I have never seen anything like it. The only complaint I have is the inability to get at the full-sized pictures on the phone itself. The only way to get at them is to connect to your computer and get them off the phone manually. When uploading to Facebook or sending a picture in a text there is no need to get at the full sized image, but there should be an option to email the full size image. Does anyone else agree? To this day I would have used that option multiple times. Instead it uses a much smaller version (not even the 5 mp over sampled version) that seems to be around 2 mp. I feel like this would not be very hard to change, and might only take a small update on the email app to allow the user to choose which size of picture to email.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a 1020, but couldn't you upload the full resolution picture to SkyDrive and email a link to the picture?

Tim Dearden

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I wish but unfortunately SkyDrive only allows you to upload the over sampled 5 mp image as well. That would be another good place where the option would be nice.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 1020. I love it and the camera is great. I have never seen anything like it. The only complaint I have is the inability to get at the full-sized pictures on the phone itself. The only way to get at them is to connect to your computer and get them off the phone manually. When uploading to Facebook or sending a picture in a text there is no need to get at the full sized image, but there should be an option to email the full size image. Does anyone else agree? To this day I would have used that option multiple times. Instead it uses a much smaller version (not even the 5 mp over sampled version) that seems to be around 2 mp. I feel like this would not be very hard to change, and might only take a small update on the email app to allow the user to choose which size of picture to email.

To email the 5 mp oversampled version, I use Pocket File Manager, just need to set up your smtp email server in that program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierSall