Lumia 1020 Nokia Update Released

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
And here I am still struggling to find a Rogers 1020 to buy....:(. Good to hear about the improvements, with Black in the future this phone will be so much better.

hirsti99

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure this is new but I only just spotted it, but I love the way you can level photos by going into the crop and you can just put two fingers on the screen and rotate the direction you want it to move, it will then rotate and crop as you want it. It showed you how to do it in the tutorial that came with the new app.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe AT&T is going to pull this BS again.

Hahaha, you won the montsa007's "Made me Laugh" award.
-A complimentary thank you on your post
-A complimentary like on your post

What?, You were expecting for more like awards or trophy? No way!

Lol, AT&T was doing with that plan and will continue to. A way out would be to flash your 1020 to generic ROM.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Only annoyance I have found so far is that you cant turn off the focus assist now, only allows you to turn off the flash :-(
Just been looking at the high res image and it looks great, I can confirm that this update does not include the save to RAW option

So engadget is wrong to say that 1020 will allow to save to RAW files. damn you engadget!

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
According to Twitter feed its only available for the following countries: UK/Netherlands/FI/Telstra Australia/China Unicom/HK/VTN/PH > https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates/status/392410372310716417

Since Ive installed the firmware and Pro Cam update ive noticed the following:

• Nokia Camera program loads up faster.
  • Yellow tint is pretty much gone.
  • The weird post processing where picture looks nice then few seconds later its garbage seems to be gone.
  • Added a new Photo Review option in settings.
  • Had my Video set at 720p to save space, after update its set back to 1080.

thats all ive noticed so far, if i find anything else ill update.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
According to Twitter feed its only available for the following countries: UK/Netherlands/FI/Telstra Australia/China Unicom/HK/VTN/PH > https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates/status/392410372310716417

Since Ive installed the firmware and Pro Cam update ive noticed the following:

• Nokia Camera program loads up faster.
  • Yellow tint is pretty much gone.
  • The weird post processing where picture looks nice then few seconds later its garbage seems to be gone.
  • Added a new Photo Review option in settings.
  • Had my Video set at 720p to save space, after update its set back to 1080.

thats all ive noticed so far, if i find anything else ill update.

More options for shutter delay.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Downloading now OMG OMG OMG :D Was so excited today reading about the new camera app and improved picture processing algorithms but no way was I expecting the update to be made available so quickly. Big love for Nokia at the moment!

hirsti99

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Downloading now OMG OMG OMG :D Was so excited today reading about the new camera app and improved picture processing algorithms but no way was I expecting the update to be made available so quickly. Big love for Nokia at the moment!

Don't forget that if you are downloading the phone update that after it has finished you will need to update the Nokia Camera app, otherwise it will be as it previously was.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, but I read the Camera app-is-available-now-news prior to the phone update, so had installed it already!

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal that the focus light always turns on when using manual focus? I used to be able to turn off the focus light before the update. Found out just now when I tried to take a picture of my friend's eye (of all things!)....

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I just updated the camera app this morning following the Nokia event. I noticed the camera app loading up faster too. And in the timer setting, I see options for different seconds setting as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel