Lumia 1020... or 909!

BootsMcGavin

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I remember reading when the 1020 was just a "rumor" (kinda the worst kept secret in the industry leading up to its announcement) that there was a possibility Nokia's 41MP phone would be called the Lumia 909...

So needless to say I was a little surprised the first time I plugged it into my Mac just now, and launched the Mac Windows Phone sync app, this is what showed up...

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 6.25.48 PM.png

I named it "Ryan's Nokia Lumia 1020", but it shows as Nokia 909... Just thought I'd share something interesting with you guys. Maybe it was a last minute change? What do you think?

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
yeah, the other content is way to high to have just gotten that phone in my opinion. Especially with the ability to free space, getting that much other takes some time

POCKETABLEtech

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
What's funny is when I was at the Nokia event in NYC playing with the 1020 display model, when I checked the "About" section within the "Settings" of the phone the model # to my surprise read 909 !! -After speaking to one of the Nokia reps whose name escapes me at the mome, he with a smirk stated that it was done intentionally, finding it humorous the confusion via social media was having debating of whether it was the '909' or the '1020' lol ...I still think the Lumia 2020 would have been a far better name overall.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What's funny is when I was at the Nokia event in NYC playing with the 1020 display model, when I checked the "About" section within the "Settings" of the phone the model # to my surprise read 909 !! -After speaking to one of the Nokia reps whose name escapes me at the mome, he with a smirk stated that it was done intentionally, finding it humorous the confusion via social media was having debating of whether it was the '909' or the '1020' lol ...I still think the Lumia 2020 would have been a far better name overall.

2020 with such a little change? This phone should have been named 909 it isn't worth "new gen of devices" number.
I wonder what Nokia Lumia 3310 will bring.

BootsMcGavin

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My charging cable is white, but the phone is white too. I imagine they all will be white just like they were for the 920. Also, I thought I answered the battery question but my post must not have gone through! My battery seems to be worse than the 920, which i thought had a great battery, but I would think that's only because I haven't stopped taking pictures and screwing with the results.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My charging cable is black. And i have the White 1020. Perhaps in the US they are all black in order for it not to be confused with Apple's cables.

singhshivam96

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Hey Hi! Actually I brought Lumia 1020 white from a a guy and I didn't notice its written ' Prototype Property Of Nokia Not For Sale ' what is this its camera is also not as expected. What is this please help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku