Lumia 1520 AT&T -Unlock

oshintao

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Has been a crazy week, the whole week I spent more tan 3 hours per day Reading about Lumia 1520 and Lumia 830 because I need to upgrade my pone ( Lumia 720) becasue I dont have LTE specs.

Looking and even going to a Microsoft Store to have a closest experience with both pones I cant still choose, so I came with and idea, Im thinking to buy a used L1520 AT&T from ebay and unlocked by a web page (Im on T-Mo) and used for a time , in case I dont get use to the screen size I will sell it and go straight for the L830 (so sexy design!!!! :love: ). The idea to buy a used one its bc its not so expensive like a new one ( new 1520.3 its like 519$ ) and like im giving a try i wouldnt lose so much money.

So my questions would be:

1) Its this a good idea/deal?
2) Beside the 16gb diference and the Qi , Im gonna loose something else if I go in these way?

Thanks in advanced!!! :smile:

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like a reasonable idea. You might try Swappa as well as eBay for the used 1520. I would also suggest finding an unlocked 1520. There are those out there as well.

Back to your question is this the right thing to do. Yes, good decision.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I like my 1520.3 just fine. I would be disappointed without Qi, and in fact, didn't consider buying one until I found out you could get one with it.

oshintao

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a reasonable idea. You might try Swappa as well as eBay for the used 1520. I would also suggest finding an unlocked 1520. There are those out there as well.

Back to your question is this the right thing to do. Yes, good decision.

I found unlocked 1520 but are no LTE compatible with T-Mo because these phones doesnt have 1700 band, so I only would get H+, and Im looking a LTE compatible. Thanks for you comment, yeah Im thinking the same, I think its a great way to go.

I like my 1520.3 just fine. I would be disappointed without Qi, and in fact, didn't consider buying one until I found out you could get one with it.

I would like to get the unicorn one, but im afraid that at the end I dont like the screen size and selling that phone I will loose some money, the 16gb isnt a problem bc I have a 32 microSD card, and the Qi isnt a deal breaker bc I dont use it even if my current phone suportt it.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T 1520 does support 1700MHz because they use the 1700MHz band as well. If it's not enabled, dial ##3282#, click Accept, then click settings in the app bar at the bottom. In settings, switch network settings from automatic to manual and click select bands. From there, turn on all available bands and click save.

Kha Bui

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I think you should go to some local AT&T or Microsoft store to try out Lumia 1520 and Lumia 820 to decide which one you like.

As my experience, international unlock Lumia 1520 doesn't work for T-mobile LTE. I think you should go for a AT&T Lumia 1520 and get the unlock code. Buying used phone from ebay or amazon would be risky. I recommend you check on Craighlist because you can test the phone right away. In addition, for some prepaid phones you can get free unlock code from AT&T.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...international unlock Lumia 1520 doesn't work for T-mobile LTE...

The RM-937 does not get LTE on any North American towers as it is tuned to Euro Bands. The RM-938 works for AT&T or T-Mo. I've an RM-938 and I was getting LTE on T-MoUS. I just switched it to Straight Talk with an AT&T style SIM and I have LTE now.

oshintao

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The RM-937 does not get LTE on any North American towers as it is tuned to Euro Bands. The RM-938 works for AT&T or T-Mo. I've an RM-938 and I was getting LTE on T-MoUS. I just switched it to Straight Talk with an AT&T style SIM and I have LTE now.

Yep, so after so many years,months,data ,hours ,minutes saying to my girlfriend how supperior are Lumias over iPhones she is ready to switch (I was driving ver crazy about that) and I saying to buy a second hand L1520 AT&T to give a try bc uta the only model that she likes,nos looking at eBay and swappa theres a lot buy locked,i wonder if Im gonna be able to unlock by paying to ppl who order this kind of service.Yes of course I'm talking of phones with clean ESN/IMEI.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Yep, so after so many years,months,data ,hours ,minutes saying to my girlfriend how supperior are Lumias over iPhones she is ready to switch (I was driving ver crazy about that) and I saying to buy a second hand L1520 AT&T to give a try bc uta the only model that she likes,nos looking at eBay and swappa theres a lot buy locked,i wonder if Im gonna be able to unlock by paying to ppl who order this kind of service.Yes of course I'm talking of phones with clean ESN/IMEI.

Worldspy99, one of our moderators has one for sale; PM him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6