Lumia 1520 doesn't response anything, why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi There,

My Lumia 1520 suddenly got turned off and now doesn't response anything even when I tried to restart it with Power + Volume Down key. Even not responding anything while putting mobile for battery charge. Two days back I had installed new Windows OS 8.1 to it downloading from Lumia Software Recovery Tool.

Please help!

Regards,
Prad

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not a technical wizard at all, but check your charger, all Windows phones turn on when charging so if yours isn't, it could be your battery is dead and your charger isn't working.

Not saying that is the problem, but if you could test it on a known working charger it would at least rule that out.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If your battery got ran down to 0% it puts the battery in a "coma" and makes the phone unresponsive just as you describe.

Use only the factory charger. Plug your phone in and leave it alone. It will take several hours for the chip in the battery to "wake up" and when it does the phone will boot and begin charging as normal. Let it charge to 100% and then continue on as you always would.

If you have sudden battery loss, look for a culprit after you get your phone up and running again. 1520 is pretty hard to drain so I suspect something was stuck open in the background... Did the phone get hot just before shutdown? That would be a symptom of background use being frustrated (loading/resuming, not connecting to data or location, etc.) Certain Apps stay open in the background and can cause quick battery drain if not closed via multitasking view.

Pradeep Neupane

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi RumoredNow,

Yesterday I had been to Nokia Care Center (Not authorized I think but they called them self they are). I told them the problem but they are just repeating it's needs Software update but my doubt is either charging port is not working or Battery is gone. But they say at first they do software update then only can check hardware part. Wondering if the battery is damaged and charging port is not working how can they do software update? :-(

Pradeep Neupane

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi RumouredNow,

Port is clean and I'm still charging the mobile via company default charger. I had gone to Nokia Care Center but they are not authorized one I think. They say it needs software update but my point is if port is not working and battery is not responding how can they do software update. As per them they first do the software update part then only hardware. But wondering is there anyway it can be updated or waked up without having charge in battery? :eck:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to say to give them a try, but make sure what the cost is upfront.

Like you said... It is unresponsive. If they can flash it and make it work - great!!! If they can't wake it up, how much does it cost for the failed attempt???

Pradeep Neupane

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
They are asking for Nepali Rs. 3500/- (which is high) for software update and as per them software update will fix whatever is going on Mobile like no battery charging. My main concern is battery and charging port but they only repeat software update. Does software update can fix everything even the battery charge is totally down? As per the me software update should be checked after making sure that battery is charging and giving at least response like showing the Nokia logo on mobile.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you used the Factory Charger for 4 hours or more and the phone never woke up... It is most likely hardware.

If the repair shop pushes software as a solution, I would try another shop. I think you are correct that they are not really listening and just want to get your device in to charge you a fee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss