Lumia 1520 Problems after 8.1 Developer Preview

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have some major Bluetooth issues in my Volvo XC60 using the 8.1 developers preview. Play back of music over Bluetooth used to work great. Now or often does not start when I initiate play or does not resume.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I went on a cruise from the 9th through the 15th of June and had my phone in airplane mode the whole time and did not have a problem with it at all. Got back and the phone did an update on its own and now the phone randomly goes reboots over and over and over again until it finally stabilizes by itself. Lost wifi for a day, it just wouldn't let me slide it on...kept saying that it couldn't do that right now and to restart the phone. When I restarted, the phone lost its mind and rebooted roughly 15 times before stabilizing.

Very disappointed right now as each update I'm going backwards. I really really really do not want to hard reset the phone.

Thoughts anyone?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I would try a hard reset followed by restore. I don't usually recommend restore but if I'm not mistaken you did do a hard reset after installing 8.1 and set the phone up as new.

If after your still having problems then I would hard reset and set up as new.

JediMike

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I got simular problems, each morning when i unplug my 1520 from the charger (usb or wireless plate) my phone works for a few seconds and then completely freezes as in the movie.
Does not respond at all, the only thing which i can do is a soft reset (vol_down+power).
The phone reboots and all works fine again, no problems the wholeday.

Problem returns the next morning when i charge it overnight...

Tried to reset, disable glance (have no cortana, i am outside us) try usb charching instead of wireless but cannot find the cause of these crashes.

Anyone an idea what could could this complete freeze?

I have the exact same problem... annoying as hell. My 520 runs 8.1 without a hitch but my 1520 has nothing but problems.

I'm tempted to go back to 8.0 and wait for Nokia's official release. It's coming soon... right?

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Is the screen sensitivity issue is fixed ?

I am considering to buy the lumia 1520 ...

But this issue is what that is stoping me from buying this beast ... :/

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
so are they going to fix this ? or we have to live with this issue untill we own this device

trust me i love the lumia 1520 .. but i had this same issue with my galaxy s3 but only in stock browser ... where it considered scrolling as a tap .. :/ and i ended up using crome ...

so is the issue isstill present..... how worse is the problem ?

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to have to disagree slightly. If his 1520 is as irritating as mine it should definitely be considered. The fact that Nokia is apparently not going to do anything about should be considered as well. The 1520 is a great device that is hampered by things that should have never made it past QC.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to have to disagree slightly. If his 1520 is as irritating as mine it should definitely be considered. The fact that Nokia is apparently not going to do anything about should be considered as well. The 1520 is a great device that is hampered by things that should have never made it past QC.

Mine really isn't that bad to be honest, I'm sorry you have a worse experience :(

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have weaker WiFi connection/speed (pretty sure it's not the same as when I was on 8.0). Most importantly though, my LTE connection fluctuates and I find myself on H or H+ a lot where I used to have strong LTE connection/strength.

no no no, you dont have weaker, 8.0 has static(which mean it show 5 bars even if it is 1), 8.1 updated to make it real time
change to 4G in setting, some phone dont have 4g lte connection

tmac9127

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a Nokia Lumia 1520 yesterday and updated to 8.1 before reading through the threads. Luckily, I haven't had a lot of the issues you guys seem to see. I did notice that WiFi connectivity was a little wonky at my job. It wasn't anything that would be a deal breaker though. Overall, I'm satisfied with this phone for sure. I came from the Nokia Lumia 1020 and it was awesome, but I love the extra screen real estate.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a Nokia Lumia 1520 yesterday and updated to 8.1 before reading through the threads. Luckily, I haven't had a lot of the issues you guys seem to see. I did notice that WiFi connectivity was a little wonky at my job. It wasn't anything that would be a deal breaker though. Overall, I'm satisfied with this phone for sure. I came from the Nokia Lumia 1020 and it was awesome, but I love the extra screen real estate.

Most of the bugs are disappearing now between 8.1 preview versions, some of these are looking like hardware issues, when cyan rolls out alot of these may go then too.

Honestly I had issues and reverted to 8, my main ones in past is heat, and facebook apps chomps 15% battery per hour. I just updated to preview and everything is fine again.

I did notice changing the localisation from uk to usa and back causes trouble around heat, weird touches etc and cortana eats battery with facebook at 30% drain per hour. I do suggest you need to leave it as uk or usa depending if you want cortana now or legitimately. I am prepared to wait, I do love Cortana though! Quiet times is excellent for a night shift worker.

Hope this helps to a degree

dumgeek

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I re-install the original firmware and discovered that my front facing camera doesn't work. It crashed the phone so my guess is that, if your ffc is defective, (hardware or due to WP 8.1 DP), when using 8.1 the application is trying to initialize both front and back camera.

Other than going back to 8.0 (and having no working ffc) we are out of luck and support from Nokia.
It's understandable, it's not like if this was their flagship phone! If it were, they would probably do an effort to keep their "good" "Image".
Hope you find a way.

Shai Petel

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
After updating when I activate front camera the phone crashes. Some times it restarts sometimes it doesn't. Front facing camera was working find before so definitely software.

+1 here, for me using front camera or answering Skype video call shows a black screen and the app is stuck. Phone does not crash and I can hit the home button but it does not work and was working before.
P.S. I didn't have that problem in 8.1 dev preview, but on the final release of cyan...

win phone

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have another issue with Lumia 1520
Since I've got the phone, I found that recording video with Nokia camera app cause issues with sound (continuous clicking noise). But using Microsoft camera app don't have any issues.
What do you think ? Is it hardware related ?
Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124