Lumia 1520 WiFi issue

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi dear friends of windows central,

Since right after christmas I am having issues with my lumia 1520 wifi. I have a modem-wireless router-repeater set-up at home. Before christmas I has no issues whatsoever, but now, my lumia has a hard time to find a fix and find a wifi signal. The odd thing is that my surface pro and smarttv have no issues. I have 2,4 (a) and 5 Ghz (b) signal emitting wifi router. Also the repeater sends a single 2,4 Ghz signal (c). The problem I have is that once every few days I have to restart the whole system, just because my lumia 1520 does not register the a and b signal, but only registers the c signal. c is for upstairs and a and b is for downstairs. I've had this configuration for a couple of years now and it works fine. My TV and surface pro don't have issues with this and registers a, b and c singals in the wifi settings menu.

Sound familiar? Any tips on how to resolve this. It only seems to happen to the lumia. I'm looking for a solution because I'm noticing that the restarting frequency is increasing lately, This is annoying if you have a media streaming or you're downloading something. In interupts the flow of work and enjoyment of entertainment. While the issue seems to be with just one device. Is it a lumia bug, or does it have something to do with the router?

Thnaks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems like a router issue with Lumias. I have a 520 that worked fine at my house but had issues at my friend's house with his router. Also I have encountered this with a Win 7 laptop which would not register but every other device would work with that router. I solved the issue by replacing the router. There might be some confounding interaction between a particular type of router and the Lumia. Hope this helps.

abuhurairah13

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Same here mate, I have the same problem since day one (that was early last year) too without any way to resolve it. I just have to contend with 2.4GHz band up until today.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Harrie Yes. (somehow I was afraid someone was going to answer that question).[/QUOTE said:
There is a bug in pfd which causes this.
It will be solved in DENIM.
I have a 930 and with cyan + pfd I had simular problems but after denim update I have no problems anymore.

My 925 cyan+pfd still has this problem.
My wives 625 on stock cyan has no problem.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I also have Wi-FI intermittent disconnection or no Wi-Fi connection problem since many months. Changed phone, did reset too but no luck. I am living with it now with hope that Denim will resolve it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077