Lumia 435 mobile phone not booting past Microsoft screen

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Just tried resetting my 435 due to other troubles.
Now when it boots it goes as far as the Microsoft screen vibrates then goes back to the Microsoft screen over and over.
Tried button combinations to reset, tried removing battery and device recovery tool which did not detect.
Its odd that after putting the battery back in and plugging in the charger the endless boot begins on its own... without turning on the power.
What can I do now?
Thanks
Win10 Fast ring.

Last edited:

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Ok its been several hours of pushing volume and power buttons every which way.
Thus far after pushing volume down power then after the vibrate pushing volume up volume down then power again it got a wee bit further into the grave. Going now as far as the Microsoft logo then the blue window followed by 10 seconds of spinning gears followed by a sad face.
Is this the end?

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried installing the Windows Device Recovery Tool, and used that to reinstall your OS??
Windows Device Recovery Tool: FAQ - Windows Help

Yes I have made multiple attempts to run the device recovery tool.
My phone is not recognized by it and did try the device was not detected option.
When the tool is trying to locate my device the phone just keeps rebooting to Microsoft logo...then blue window...then 10 seconds of spinning gears...then the sad face. As per microsoft instructions for the tool you soft reset your phone first before detection.
My phone will not soft reset as just keeps booting over and over. Volume down + power does nothing thats looks like a reset now.
When I plug the phone into the charger it immediatly turns on the phone and the only way to shut the phone off is to remove the battery.

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Solved. Tried a different phone cord.
My Lumia is now detected by the Recovery Tool and in the process now.
I shall go hide in the corner now.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss