Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Aegis Trident for the 635...

WP_20141112_006.jpgWP_20141112_009.jpgWP_20141112_012.jpg

Adds bulk
Good quality
Side buttons are much easier to push now.

(The former Incipio 635 case made button pushing difficult)

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have the Terrapin TPU case? I've received mine today but it doesn't seem to be a perfect fit. The left side seems a bit bulgy and bent outwards, it's very noticeable. Does this change over time?

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Fosmon black case for my black 635, for I think $6.95 including shipping. I found the phone without a case way too slippery for my taste. The Fosmon adds grippiness and provides some bounce protection. The lip protrudes and protects the screen, even when dropped onto hard surfaces. I "tested" this feature quite a few times with a Fosmon on my 520 and the phone survived, including the screen. It also helps to keep the back of the phone on when you drop it--nothing worse than crawling around in a movie theater under seats in the dark looking for your black cell phone battery.

Erycina

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the CoverBot flip wallet case. It not only covers the phone, but it doubles as a stand as well. Like the Mozo one, this case has openings for the speaker and mic, so you don't have to keep opening up the flip to answer the phone. I got the carbon fiber version, and it definitely looks nice and professional on the 635. Unlike the Mozo, however, the back part of the CoverBot does not replace the original back shell of the phone itself. Like any other flip cases, you also get a slot for your license and another card. The CoverBot is on Amazon. Since I have less than 10 posts, I cannot post a link, but try to look for it under the keywords "nokia 635 case coverbot". Hope this helps someone who is still looking... by the way, I also have the Nillkin tempered glass screen protector on the phone.

Last edited:

anon8433722

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought a case but I don't think I'm going to continue using it, or only use it when the weather's bad and I want to keep the phone together in one piece if I drop it. The only thing I didn't like about my phone is that it seemed the screen was very tacky and a smudge magnet. I ordered a tempered glass screen protector off of Amazon, should have it Thursday.

scanf

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
My New Leather Krusell Case

Ordered from the MSFT store on turkey day and arrived right now from UPS a day early :)

The fit is excellent, the phone slides in and seats itself very snugly; it definitely won't be falling out. The build quality is top notch, the case itself is real leather and feels and looks very premium. It comes with a magnetic closure but it is very weak and takes a few times for it to catch.

In the photos it looks like the camera might be blocked by the case but that is my fault as I did not have the phone pushed all the way down into the case. Once I got it adjusted properly all the openings fit perfectly.

The card pocket is the only iffy as it is really tight and hard to get a card in and out. It is also single stitched and I wonder if it could hold up to the rigors of American consumerism; probably best to leave it empty.

20141202_111828.jpg
20141202_114227.jpg
20141202_112738.jpg
20141202_113556.jpg

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: My New Leather Krusell Case

Does it close with a magnet? Oh, and I would not put anything in that card slot, especially something you'll use a lot.

scanf

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: My New Leather Krusell Case

Yeah, the magnetic closure is there and it works but you have to push the cover over just a bit for it to catch. Merely closing it normally will not activate the cover and I find this a bit of an annoyance.

Update After having it for a few days, the magnetic case shuts perfectly; so perfectly that I forgot I even had an issue with it till I laid it down wrong and the cover remained propped open reminding me.

It just took a little time for the leather to seat but now it's fine.
20141205_080349.jpg

Last edited:

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Any good cases for Lumia 635

I currently own a Nokia Lumia 635 and I just got a Mozo flip case today and i don't quite like it as since i put the case on it became harder for me to use my Lumia with one hand was so i am wondering do you all know of any good cases for this device?

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Any good cases for Lumia 635

I guess if I flip the cover back I can use it easier but anyone that owns the case know if it causes any wear and tear?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

I tried BOTH a Fosam TPU and a illumishield Screen protector and decided the 635 needs neither...IMO

My previous 520 had/needed both but on the 635 I did not like the case (too rubbery) as the phone shell is so comfortable already and smooth...and the phone is light and thin too without any extra.

The screen protector I went through 6 trying to get it perfect finally decided the Gorilla Glass 3 is enough...at $40 if I trash it oh well.

Anyhow its holding up great sans protection and I am careful not to drop it.

Its a gorgeous phone as is. Only thing I added was the Coloud Pop headphones over at Amazon for $12.95.

So hope that helps.

I figure if the shell gets trashed they are fairly cheap ( <$25) to replace...but so far seems sturdy and unlikely to fail.

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Agreed. The shape reminds me of an iPhone 5C or bigger making it very comfortable to hold compared to past Lumias that I owned. At the most I'll probably order a Green shell or Blue one from eBay to replace the Black AT&T shell.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I tried BOTH a Fosam TPU and a illumishield Screen protector and decided the 635 needs neither...IMO

My previous 520 had/needed both but on the 635 I did not like the case (too rubbery) as the phone shell is so comfortable already and smooth...and the phone is light and thin too without any extra.

The screen protector I went through 6 trying to get it perfect finally decided the Gorilla Glass 3 is enough...at $40 if I trash it oh well.

Anyhow its holding up great sans protection and I am careful not to drop it.

Its a gorgeous phone as is. Only thing I added was the Coloud Pop headphones over at Amazon for $12.95.

So hope that helps.

I figure if the shell gets trashed they are fairly cheap ( <$25) to replace...but so far seems sturdy and unlikely to fail.

I always put a case on my phone, but am starting to lean toward the no case side with my 635. May just pick up another 635 instead, it's not that much more money.

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I seen a drop test on YouTube and from what I seen this phone can take a beating literally as the guy dropped this phone face down and on a corner which normally would shatter most screens

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
If a case manufacturer can make a removable shell case that has silicone corners then that'll be great as the removable covers on the Lumia 630/635 looks highly versatile.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I seen a drop test on YouTube and from what I seen this phone can take a beating literally as the guy dropped this phone face down and on a corner which normally would shatter most screens

The person was lucky, all phones can and will break or shatter if they land just right. No case is still a gamble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124