Lumia 635 Cases and back shells?

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If I may suggest get an Amzer Pudding Soft Gel TPU skin fit case will fit perfectly. My wife has one on her 635 & it works perfectly. I bought hers from Amazon.com for $7.95 & as a Prime member I received it with free two day shipping.

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem getting a simple case that fits the 635.

I have the Incipio case (first link in @worldspy99 's post). It's wonderful, however whenever I place my L635 face-down the phone falls out of its shell (the battery door, whatever it's called).

I don't think many people have this habit (I only developed the habit of placing my phone face-down because I have two cats that like to walk all over electronics- jerks), but this is fair warning. Still a wonderful case.

EDIT: I was even able to skip the S&H fees by walking into the AT&T store that's less than five minutes away from my house. Picked out the pink one, and AT&T gave me the option to either pay upfront or have the cost added to my bill that month. That's probably not doable 92% of the time though.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I've got the 635. The case I have is fabulous, stays on, no slippage, and much easier to put on and take off than other cases. Never tries to pop out of the case. Nice kickstand. Nice holster for my belt.

MPERO IMPACT XT Series Kickstand Case and Belt Clip Holster

I got it in Blue. Paid $2.75 plus shipping. Black color is more expensive because it is more popular. Hated the Incipio and Aero cases. Bad fit.

Problem with a lot of cases is that they think some phones are "close enough" in dimensions, so they sell the same case for multiple phones which doesn't always work out.

For the 635, the MPERO case I list above fits like a glove. Found the same case in a phone accessory store in the mall for $35.

Build quality is quite high on this. Don't let the low price fool you. These things are cheap to make. Once the design is made and the machine is tooled to make the mold for the parts, they cost pennies to manufacture. Seriously. Most have an extremely high markup because of the expected use and because people are known to pay ridiculous prices for things like that.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My son has an AT&T Lumia 635 that I got online from the Microsoft store. I wanted to get a case for him. I bought him an Aero Armor 2 piece that had good reviews on Amazon and he complained after a few days that it was falling off the phone. I looked at it closely and it wasn't completely locking on both sides of the phone.

I then ordered a Sojitek soft rubber case from Amazon figuring a simple one piece gel case shouldn't be a problem. It got here today and it won't fit either. It's just not big enough to get the lip of the case over all four sides of the phone at once.

I look through reviews on different cases on Amazon and see negative comments or mixed comments all over about cases that did/didn't fit on the 635 (or 630). Has anyone else run into this problem?

Cases are like $25 on Amazon.
If you paid $30 for the 635... Meh

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've got the 635. The case I have is fabulous, stays on, no slippage, and much easier to put on and take off than other cases. Never tries to pop out of the case. Nice kickstand. Nice holster for my belt.

MPERO IMPACT XT Series Kickstand Case and Belt Clip Holster

I got it in Blue. Paid $2.75 plus shipping. Black color is more expensive because it is more popular. Hated the Incipio and Aero cases. Bad fit.

Problem with a lot of cases is that they think some phones are "close enough" in dimensions, so they sell the same case for multiple phones which doesn't always work out.

For the 635, the MPERO case I list above fits like a glove. Found the same case in a phone accessory store in the mall for $35.

Build quality is quite high on this. Don't let the low price fool you. These things are cheap to make. Once the design is made and the machine is tooled to make the mold for the parts, they cost pennies to manufacture. Seriously. Most have an extremely high markup because of the expected use and because people are known to pay ridiculous prices for things like that.

Build quality may be high, however, appeal is certainly low :evil:
Do you guys buy cases for your wallets? Do your wallet cases have cases? XD

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Build quality may be high, however, appeal is certainly low :evil:
Do you guys buy cases for your wallets? Do your wallet cases have cases? XD

There is a big difference between putting a wallet in your back pocket and putting a phone in your back pocket. If you're one of the ***** hipsters that put a phone in your pocket, that's your problem when you sit on it, the glass breaks and cuts your bum.

I prefer my phone on a holster where it is available for reaching more comfortably whether sitting or standing. I also like my case protected, because the stock cover on the 635 is rather slippery, so I like the rubberized grip.

As far as the appeal quality goes, I like it. I won't lose any sleep over your trolled opinion, that's for sure.

If all you are going to do is enter a thread and criticize people's choices and not provide any real substance to the discussion, then you're just trolling. Adding you to my ignore list. First time I've had to do that here. I must not be getting enough coffee lately. Makes me grouchy.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

There is a big difference between putting a wallet in your back pocket and putting a phone in your back pocket. If you're one of the ***** hipsters that put a phone in your pocket, that's your problem when you sit on it, the glass breaks and cuts your bum.

I prefer my phone on a holster where it is available for reaching more comfortably whether sitting or standing. I also like my case protected, because the stock cover on the 635 is rather slippery, so I like the rubberized grip.

As far as the appeal quality goes, I like it. I won't lose any sleep over your trolled opinion, that's for sure.

If all you are going to do is enter a thread and criticize people's choices and not provide any real substance to the discussion, then you're just trolling. Adding you to my ignore list. First time I've had to do that here. I must not be getting enough coffee lately. Makes me grouchy.

My mentality is that the Lumia 635 is retailing for ~$30, and that the shell is user replaceable.
Since the entire shell is $6.00 I find it somewhat redundant for the OP to search for a case.

Most of my posts are not serious, sorry if I hit a nerve.

P.S: I have a manly bum, does not cut so easily

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Okay, Yazen, I had my coffee this morning, so I'm going to let you slide. You're lucky I'm on my 2nd cup already. ;) Seriously, though, thank you for the apology. It is rare that I'm in a mood to allow anything to hit nerves, but it happens. Especially when I'm horribly sleep deprived, as I have been for the last 5 days. Got 3 hours of sleep last night, and I'm feeling better after 2 cups of coffee.

No, nowhere can I find the Lumia 635 retailing for ~$30. $79 for T-mobile customers, $129 for an unlocked one from Microsoft, and $49 for the AT&T version. If you're unlucky enough to be on Sprint, it's $179 for the off-contract price, even though Microsoft sells it unlocked where you can use it on sprint for only $129. I think Sprint is trying to avoid selling Windows Phones. I believe that Amazon had one of those 24 hour only sales for $29.95 at one time, but that was one day only.

Cases do more than protect the shell from scratching. They can assist in preventing the screen from breaking, like when you're texting while standing on the sidewalk and someone runs around the corner and knocks you down. That $3 or so investment I made (I managed to get free shipping with a coupon code) protects the $50 investment I made, and has already kept me from having to purchase a new phone. Besides the cost of the phone, it's a real pain in the but to do the restore and set everything up like you had it before. Even restoring your settings doesn't get everything back 100% in all cases, and I'd rather avoid that whenever possible. So do many others.

Some of the cases, like the one Septembersrain shared, also protect the screen from scratches, etc., handy for a girl that carries a phone in her purse with all of her other stuff, whatever that other stuff may be. Perhaps she wants to keep lipstick off of it in case the cap comes off the lipstick? I don't know, I just know SHE feels she had a need for it, and I'm supportive of that need, and that goes for anyone.

There are valid reasons for everyone that makes the decision to get one, just as there is a valid reason for people that decide to keep the phone "naked." Naked, the phone is smaller and easier for some people to handle. For me, I need the added bulk (thickness) and the added friction that the gel part of the case offers.

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm happy to say my 635 is nekid. It only cost $30 at Walmart because somebody tried to open the package. :smile: Even at that, the normal price for the go phone model is only $50. (Which works with any AT&T owned carrier).

Coming from the iPhone with pricey glass replacements, it's such a joy not to worry about this thing. I can have a replacement in 20 minutes from just about anywhere on the planet.

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello! This is my first time posting here, but I've been skimming through this thread for a few days. I have the AT&T version of the 635, which came with a matte black shell. I really love the shiny bright yellow shell that I bought from Microsoft, but I'm having the hardest time finding a clear TPU case that will fit! It seems that the shiny shell has *slightly* larger dimensions than the matte shell, and every TPU case I've tried so far has fit the matte shell, but not the shiny one. I prefer having a soft clear case over my phone. Any suggestions for one that will fit the apparently larger shiny shell? Thanks!

Attachments

• 150507-133005.jpg
    150507-133005.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 64

skyrocket

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Having an AT&T 635, I had the boring matte black back with the AT&T logo on the back. I picked up the green back at the Microsoft Store a few months ago and really love it. The green back (i'm sure the other colour backs) has a fantastic feel in the hands. It's really hard to explain the feel but I'd say it's a different type of grippy over the matte finish backs.

Once I put the back on, I instantly fell in love with it. I totally recommend putting on the back!

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I ended up buying a matte yellow shell off eBay in hopes that it would fit the TPU cases I like to use. It fits! It doesn't have as much of a neon kick to it as the shiny yellow shell does, but it does the job of being yellow.

phonecase.jpg

Pavan Kunala

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone please suggest me the flip cover for the Lumia 635 (Glossy version). I understand that back shell of glossy version is thicker than the matte one.

Thank you. :smile:

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone please suggest me the flip cover for the Lumia 635 (Glossy version). I understand that back shell of glossy version is thicker than the matte one.

Thank you. :smile:

Me to same problem, apparently mat finish back fits in the generic cases, i cant find one that fits the cyan model either. Rather just get one on Ebay,, anyone found a solution maybe a different model cover :D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy