Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

Joko Soemitro

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

I think this is bug too. Sometimes my screen color go contrast. I set the color to standard and that happen 3 times since i buy it. Any of you have experience this? For now my solution is change the color from standard to cool but i don't know how long it will last.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think this is bug too. Sometimes my screen color go contrast. I set the color to standard and that happen 3 times since i buy it. Any of you have experience this? For now my solution is change the color from standard to cool but i don't know how long it will last.
When that has happened to me, I have either powered down the phone or just let the phone go to Glance Screen and then it goes away. I wonder why this happens.

Joko Soemitro

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site

When that has happened to me, I have either powered down the phone or just let the phone go to Glance Screen and then it goes away. I wonder why this happens.

Nah dunno what happen. Hopefully it will fixed soon. Its annoying when you still use the phone then screen color go contrast.

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

Had my 640 in use for a day - Can't download maps to SD Card. Came from the 928, so didn't consider not being able to move maps to SD card. :) Oh well, will see what happens during my travels.

Wife's in use for a day - No Rotation in Facebook app.

Don't know if those are bugs/defects, just observations from our first day with the 640s.

Last edited:

andrew mckendry

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

Help help..... Sorry to jump on your thread about video but have given up trying to find how to start my own!!!!
Has any one found that when opening a pic the digital back, windows and search facility disappear???

Mprsox

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site

I have a serious bug in memory management. I have tried 3 different SDXC 128 gb cards. The first was a generic ebay $11.00 item, it only copied a few gb and then crashed. Had to reformat low level, then crashed again. Can't copy multiple folders without crashing. Then it killed the sd card completely. Same exact situation with a SanDisk SDXC UHS1card. On my third sdxc card, Samsung Evo UHS1, copied 18 gb then crashed. It reads some jpeg files, but other say format not recognized. I now cannot delete the folders and re-copy them. This is a serious bug if it kills sd cards. Any help?

Bubblefat

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Ran into a major issue on my Cricket Lumia 640, with WP8.1 GDR 2. Tried to update Skype over WiFi, and while I was updating, I went to the News app provided by windows, and decided I wanted to check Facebook real quick, so I attempted to go back to the home screen, and it locked my phone up. I waited several minutes to see if it would unfreeze, or finish up whatever process was holding it up, and it never came back. Tried turning the phone off, and the power button did not trigger a shutdown through the OS, so I did a soft reset (no batter pull, just a volume rocker plus power button hold for a few seconds). Phone restarted, but now my SD card appears corrupted and the OS continuously scans it, and it does not register any of the apps I have installed on it. When I go to view All Apps, all of my SD card apps show unavailable, and some even have as a title " @C:\dataPrograms\Wind ". I can't read any further than that. It looks like I am going to lose all of my information on my SD card, which is considerable. Several GB's worth, because I cannot access the SD card at all, even on my desktop.

I always figured WP to be very stable. I've been able to crash the damn thing it would seem. Very disappointed, Microsoft.

Update:

Just re-formatted the SD card. Still have several apps with screwed up pathways or titles. Whichever it's called. Screen Capture is below.

wp_ss_20150715_0001[1].png

RickSaysMeh

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I bought the T-Mobile Lumia 640 from Walmart and am using it with Ting GSM. It works great, and the Wi-Fi calling is perfect for a few locations I frequent with poor signal... HOWEVER, Data Sense is going haywire... In the last 3 days, Data Sense thinks I have used 7.65 GB of cellular data... But if I add up all of the app usage, it is barely 1.79 GB (1.79 of which is "System")... Luckily, this is completely and utterly wrong, since the Ting dashboard only shows that I have used 10 MB... Any idea what is causing this? I'm assuming it's an issue with the Wi-Fi calling, but I don't really want to disable that since it is so useful...

Jeremy Blankenship

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

RickSaysMeh

I bought the T-Mobile Lumia 640 from Walmart and am using it with Ting GSM. It works great, and the Wi-Fi calling is perfect for a few locations I frequent with poor signal... HOWEVER, Data Sense is going haywire... In the last 3 days, Data Sense thinks I have used 7.65 GB of cellular data... But if I add up all of the app usage, it is barely 1.79 GB (1.79 of which is "System")... Luckily, this is completely and utterly wrong, since the Ting dashboard only shows that I have used 10 MB... Any idea what is causing this? I'm assuming it's an issue with the Wi-Fi calling, but I don't really want to disable that since it is so useful..

I have also just started having this issue. I purchased the Lumia 640 on the 17th (3days ago) from Metro PCS. I have not tried every feature it has yet, since still learning it. I was out shopping with the phone in my pocket doing "nothing" and when I got home I noticed a message and it was my Data Sense app saying that I exceeded my usage amount and on the front it is saying 7.43GB and when I swipe to the detail view on next screen it says 9.38GB when I have only used 243mb (180 being stupid auto updates turning phone on). Noticing now this is not isolated issue and needs to be looked into and updated for the phone.

Off my topic: (but should be fixed as well)
While they're at it we need an update to have the ability to customize the label of the telephone numbers on our "People" tile. I have 6 numbers to my university that I keep and when I transferred them to this phone it was like moble 1, 2, home 1, 2, ect. that is super annoying that I lost that ability with a windows phone. Or when trying to click in text and it keeps effing selecting the word instead of just putting the cursor down OMG RAGE! .... It has so much potential and these are such a simple things...

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Once in a while, the cellular connection status (not data but the actual phone) seems to be off for a couple of seconds and then my 4-5 bars come back. I'm a bit afraid that it will happen while I,m talking.

I've tried manually selecting the network instead of Automatic but that didn't work.

Also, is LTE band compatibility software or hardware related? The compatibility are different between MetroPCS and T-Mobile and the latter is the only one compatible with my carrier. So not I'm stuck with only 4G (which isn't so bad). But can a T-Mobile version be flashed and if so would that solved my LTE problem?

Thanks

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Once in a while, the cellular connection status (not data but the actual phone) seems to be off for a couple of seconds and then my 4-5 bars come back. I'm a bit afraid that it will happen while I,m talking.

I've tried manually selecting the network instead of Automatic but that didn't work.

Also, is LTE band compatibility software or hardware related? The compatibility are different between MetroPCS and T-Mobile and the latter is the only one compatible with my carrier. So not I'm stuck with only 4G (which isn't so bad). But can a T-Mobile version be flashed and if so would that solved my LTE problem?

Thanks
Has this happened with any of your previous phones? The T-mobile variant of the 640 has Band 12, which is apparently supposed to have improvements with LTE. I think it's with the hardware. Who's your carrier?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Has this happened with any of your previous phones? The T-mobile variant of the 640 has Band 12, which is apparently supposed to have improvements with LTE. I think it's with the hardware. Who's your carrier?

My previous phone was an Android phone sold by my carrier (Videotron which uses the Rogers band) so I never had any problem.

The T-Mobile version (the one I initially wanted to buy) was compatible with Videotron. But the MetroPCS (the one I ended up buying) apparently isn't. It needs to use 1700 and 2100 for LTE.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My previous phone was an Android phone sold by my carrier (Videotron which uses the Rogers band) so I never had any problem.

The T-Mobile version (the one I initially wanted to buy) was compatible with Videotron. But the MetroPCS (the one I ended up buying) apparently isn't. It needs to use 1700 and 2100 for LTE.
That is strange, because according to the manual on the MetroPCS site, it does support those bands. https://www.metropcs.com/content/dam/mpcs/faqsandsupport/microsoft/Microsoft-Lumia-User-Guide.pdf It's on page 136.

Also is the device unlocked? I'm not really sure why it could be doing that.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

That is strange, because according to the manual on the MetroPCS site, it does support those bands. https://www.metropcs.com/content/dam/mpcs/faqsandsupport/microsoft/Microsoft-Lumia-User-Guide.pdf It's on page 136.

Also is the device unlocked? I'm not really sure why it could be doing that.

Interesting. I'll be taking this to the store then so then can help me out. Thanks!

Now about my phone signal dropping, does anyone have an idea? :)

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

So I'm waiting for a response from my carrier who is quite confused (they don't sell Windows Phone so).

The cellular connection dropping seems to be related to the LTE problem as well. I changed the "Highest connection speed" from LTE to 4G and it seems to have fixed it.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I think this is bug too. Sometimes my screen color go contrast. I set the color to standard and that happen 3 times since i buy it. Any of you have experience this?
I haven't seen that, but a few days ago I had a weird experience with colors:

I have the default cyan as accent color. But one day when I opened my phone the color had mystically changed to green or whatever color it was. Definitely not the cyan. I went to settings to change the color back to cyan but there was no cyan color at all available! It was missing. Fortunately this situation was easily fixed: Rebooted the phone and the cyan was back.

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site

I had a problem on the first day, my phone kept rebooting and rebooting and rebooting. I had to use hubby's phone to look up what was going on and saw it was because of our Netgear router (I was trying to set up our internet connection at the time). As soon as I turned the router off, the problem stopped. I reset the Netgear router and the problem is gone.

Just thought I would put this on here in case anyone else have this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963