Lumia 640, camera not really closed using back (arrow) key.

hamka787

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody, I just bought Lumia 640 two days ago to replace my Lumia 525 which have served me for 1 year. Coming from Lumia 525, I'm really amazed & very happy with the Lumia 640 performance, especially the camera. Image quality is good & the camera launches really quick!

Somehow I just realised that when I exit the camera mode, I hit the back (arrow) key once, the camera closes but... the camera is still open in the background if I checked by holding the back key again later (during all the windows minimized).

Is there a setting, or perhaps it is a bug?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody, I just bought Lumia 640 two days ago to replace my Lumia 525 which have served me for 1 year. Coming from Lumia 525, I'm really amazed & very happy with the Lumia 640 performance, especially the camera. Image quality is good & the camera launches really quick!

Somehow I just realised that when I exit the camera mode, I hit the back (arrow) key once, the camera closes but... the camera is still open in the background if I checked by holding the back key again later (during all the windows minimized).

Is there a setting, or perhaps it is a bug?

1. That's my first time hearing about the Lumia 525 lol

2. It's the same thing on my phone as well aka Lumia 1520. So it's not just you.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Some apps behave that way, so they'll launch faster if you open them again. Calendar, Files, Podcast, Skype, Facebook and some more behave the same. It doesn't negatively affect performance nor battery since it's just their data stored there in RAM without using CPU cycle and if more memory is needed they'll be flushed automatically.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Some apps behave that way, so they'll launch faster if you open them again. Calendar, Files, Podcast, Skype, Facebook and some more behave the same. It doesn't negatively affect performance nor battery since it's just their data stored there in RAM without using CPU cycle and if more memory is needed they'll be flushed automatically.

Yes. It's set by the developer of the app.

Some apps close entirely when touching the back button, other apps minimize, which is the same as touching the 'Windows' button when in an app.

hamka787

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thankyou for your replies. I was worried it might drain the battery or get heated. Never had that with the Lumia 525, where once you hit the back button the camera closes entirely.

Yes there is Lumia 525, its basically a Lumia 520 except that it has 1GB RAM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss