Lumia 640 LTE data overconsumption

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 640 LTE since April 2016. Suddenly since the beginning of October there is an over consumption of my data. Almost 1GB in three days while barely using the phone. And this keeps on going...

I had W8 installed, did a reset, then upgraded to W10 with same account and did another reset setting up a new account. Nothing has worked.

Please bear in mind that my "habbits" have not changed: I use the phone for web browsing and viber/whatsup/skype and do not have many applications.

My mobile provider (in Belgium/ prepaid) says that there is no problem and through the data usage on the phone I can see that the data have been used.

As a test I just opened two web pages and the "cost" was 20MB! I have to admit that it is very frustrating not to be able to use your 3G/4G connection due to excessive and unrealistic data usage.

Is there any solution?

Thanks,
OZA

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
HI and welcome to windows central community.

could you check under data sense that which application is juicing data?

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , click on the smiley :) to learn how to join our forums.

Ozazou

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I do not have the data sense on W10. After the last reset and the new account used to set-up my phone I have the following:
In Settings - Network & Wireless - Data usage - Usage Details

For the mobile provider:
Microsoft edge: 20.79 MB
Messaging: 0.43 MB
Outlook: 0.01 MB
System: 1.96 MB

For the WiFi:
Microsoft edge: 4.34 MB
Store: 3.41 MB
Messaging: 0.12 MB
Outlook: 0.03 MB
System: 2.57 MB

Please note that I have again used the phone to make the same check (2 web pages) and I just downloaded the viber application through the store while connected to the WiFi.

Thanks for your quick response!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria