Lumia 730 takes 30 minutes to charge from 99%-100%.Is it a problem?

Ali Akbar 7

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 730 takes so much Time to get charged.It charges fine till 90%. but then it becomes too slow.After 99%,it takes nearly 30 Minutes to reach 100%. Do other 730's also has the same problem.I am using the original Nokia Charger which came wit the box.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
General charging performance is speedy charging up to about 80% where it slows down to reach 100%.
I think this is probably normal although I can't say.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I had noticed this when I was using a third party battery app.I've been using battery saver app since it was updated with live tile.it doesn't stay on 99% as long as the other app did. What app you using to monitor your battery.I think there may be a difference in update time between apps

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I find battery life very good on my 735. Depends on the usage and signal strength - which I think is actually the battery killer when in sleep mode and when using cellular of course. When it's full strength then my battery stays the same the whole time when I don't use it. However from 100% to 99% it drops without doing anything in like half an hour sometimes which can be annoying since it does take some time to get that 100%. I get to ~20% at night when I plug it back in. However if you only use it for texts and calls with really occasional photos or browsing it can keep up to 4 or 5 days. That of course stands for many phones if you use them that way. :)

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
It is totally based on my usage but most of the time I am getting battery life of 1 day

me too. my phone easily survives one day. my usage does not include gaming every day, but book reading averages an hour a day. apart from that, a number of calls i handle (i am a professional, and currently season of audit i.e. heavy workload), whatsapp, either wifi or 3g is on round the clock.
generally my phone is having 30% battery remaining at night. i charge my phone every morning.

Bipin Shetty

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi There,

I too have observed that charging from 99% to 100% does take around 25-30 min. This could be a WP issue (Not sure and definitely not a pleasant customer experience). But the discharging from 100% to 99% happens so quick that even if not used for 15 min, it comes down to 99%-98%. I highly doubt it to be a normal behavior. But never the less, I do get more than a day of battery life with average day to day work life usage which is good as compared to my past Android experience...

Anyone has any update on this, pls do let us know...
-- Thanks!

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
As I mentioned before, it's almost certainly a calibration issue with the charger, like the fuel gauge on many vehicles.
It's simply not accurate and worrying about it is nothing that should be done.

Fred

Audigy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It is called trickle charging, and it is a good feature mainly to save some unnecessary wear of the battery caused by higher peak voltages(4.2/4.3 volts depending on the battery chemistry) reached during the finalization of the charging procedure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers