Lumia 950, Charging % jump to 100% from 60-65%, getting restart anytime

prits7y

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I am having Lumia 950, it suddenly jump to 100% from 60-65% while I do Charging.
I am having this issue from last 3-4 days, Battery is not able to charge 100% from last 3-4 days, max charging can be done is 65%.
Device gets restart anytime while using it, I am using Original Charger only, Sometimes it doesn't even charge while we connect charger. Also device getting hot while charging it and even sometimes when it is in use.
Please help me out to solve this issue as soon as possible.
Thanks,
P

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
most likely a faulty battery, manually take out the battery and look for any bumps or irregularities. If any, do not insert the battery again as it is hazardous . immediately replace the battery with a new (genuine) one.

prits7y

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes I thought the same, also checked battery but it is totally fine. Maybe it damaged inside or what don't know
Have you experienced it same or in any of your friends?

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I am having Lumia 950, it suddenly jump to 100% from 60-65% while I do Charging.
I am having this issue from last 3-4 days, Battery is not able to charge 100% from last 3-4 days, max charging can be done is 65%.
Device gets restart anytime while using it, I am using Original Charger only, Sometimes it doesn't even charge while we connect charger. Also device getting hot while charging it and even sometimes when it is in use.
Please help me out to solve this issue as soon as possible.
Thanks,
P

Only replacing the battery will solve your issues.

prits7y

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Okay, Thanks for your reply.
But I got suggestions of Hard/Soft reset which may solve the issue. is it? What's your view on this, have you experienced it?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
But I got suggestions of Hard/Soft reset which may solve the issue. is it? What's your view on this, have you experienced it?

I think its happened because of loose charging port of your mobile. I also have same problem.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Change the battery with a new one. I had the same problem with my 950xl. Have changed the battery. Random restarts have gone. But there is another issue which is plaguing my phone.. Constant Screen flickering that has not gone despite changing the battery.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site

Hard Reset cannot harm it (Soft is useless), and if this is some OS/Software related glitch, it will help, and is certainly cheaper than new battery.

But first, turn the phone off, take the battery out and clean battery and phone contacts. Then charge the battery full and keep it on charger during Hard reset procedure.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
more of a hardware issue than software. similar cases have successfully solved this issue by replacing the battery as it should be done by you as well.

prits7y

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your response.
Actually I done Soft Reset yesterday, and then it is working fine. Don't know it get fixed or will happen again. Also clear some Phone memory by uninstalling few apps.
Will see what happen.

prits7y

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Change the battery with a new one. I had the same problem with my 950xl. Have changed the battery. Random restarts have gone. But there is another issue which is plaguing my phone.. Constant Screen flickering that has not gone despite changing the battery.

Thanks for your response.
Actually I done Soft Reset yesterday, and then it is working fine. Don't know it get fixed or will happen again. Also clear some Phone memory by uninstalling few apps.
Will see what happen.

prits7y

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Hard Reset cannot harm it (Soft is useless), and if this is some OS/Software related glitch, it will help, and is certainly cheaper than new battery.

But first, turn the phone off, take the battery out and clean battery and phone contacts. Then charge the battery full and keep it on charger during Hard reset procedure.

Yes That's true. But don't know somehow Soft reset worked for me yesterday, don't know it is temporary or fully fixed, will check in upcoming days. After soft reset it is working properly, one thing also I did is removed second sim card from the phone, having only one sim card.

Thanks for your kind reply. :)

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes That's true. But don't know somehow Soft reset worked for me yesterday, don't know it is temporary or fully fixed, will check in upcoming days. After soft reset it is working properly, one thing also I did is removed second sim card from the phone, having only one sim card.

Thanks for your kind reply. :)

You are lucky that soft reset worked for you. I tried everything under the sun and then finally got the battery replaced as my phone is still under warranty. Random restarts have stopped. However, the screen flickering issue has persisted, so I have sent my phone to the service station today. Lets what happens. Will update once I get my phone back.

Samer Bitar

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My wife's phone suffered from the random restarts but not the battery % jumps. The phone would restart randomly (mostly when not in use) several times per day. Although i have read that this is probably a battery issue (phone is 1 year old), we did a hard reset and skipped the restore from backup. So far over a week has passed and the phone is not rebooting.

P.S. we did order a battery and its on its way, but if the phone doesn't restart again i think we will not replace it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs