Lumia 900 Early Upgrade

BlobDude

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck getting AT&T or an "authorized retailer" to let them upgrade early for the 900?

I'm not due for an upgrade until the 15th, and am thinking I should just wait for whatever Nokia is offering for WP8, but I'm also super impatient.

jameskk1

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My store let me upgrade early (not eligible until 5/13 !!!!) but I had to purchase $200 worth of accessories. I got two pair of the beats in-ear headphones reluctantly... was planning to sell them but I'm glad that I got them now... easily the BEST headphone I've ever used. Giving the second pair to my niece.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
My store let me upgrade early (not eligible until 5/13 !!!!) but I had to purchase $200 worth of accessories. I got two pair of the beats in-ear headphones reluctantly... was planning to sell them but I'm glad that I got them now... easily the BEST headphone I've ever used. Giving the second pair to my niece.

They made you buy accessories to be eligible? That sounds like an authorized reseller taking advantage of you. All you have to do is either call 611 or dial *NEW# from your phone to find out your upgrade eligibilty. I don't think either the ATT corp stores or authorized resellers can override this.

To the OP, I've been granted an early upgrade for probably the last 4-5 upgrades by ATT.

BlobDude

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got an authorized retailer to let me upgrade early back when I got my Focus last March, but that had only been about a month and a half early.

If I can put the $100 together after making this payment to my university, I think I'll try my hand.

Would you recommend corporate store or authorized retailer? I tried an early upgrade at a corp store in NYC, and they just flat out said no. But, I tried a mall kiosk in Jersey when I got the Focus and there were no problems.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I got an authorized retailer to let me upgrade early back when I got my Focus last March, but that had only been about a month and a half early.

If I can put the $100 together after making this payment to my university, I think I'll try my hand.

Would you recommend corporate store or authorized retailer? I tried an early upgrade at a corp store in NYC, and they just flat out said no. But, I tried a mall kiosk in Jersey when I got the Focus and there were no problems.

Well that's just wierd. To be honest I'm not sure anymore. For the past 4-5 upgrades I've done early upgardes with Amazon (usually about 5 months before my contract ends). But when I tried upgarding from Amazon a few days ago (currently have about 4 months left in my contract), they wouldn't do it. So I just went to a corp store and they did it no questions asked.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys getting it for $99 when you early upgrade or the $99 plus $250? You would think if ATT really wants to push this phone they would roll back some upgrades a month or two like they do for iPhone launches.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck getting AT&T or an "authorized retailer" to let them upgrade early for the 900?

I'm not due for an upgrade until the 15th, and am thinking I should just wait for whatever Nokia is offering for WP8, but I'm also super impatient.
Hmm, my AT&T rep (personal friend) told me that they changed their update policy a few months ago, so you should be eligible for an early upgrade on the 1st of the month, in the month you are due. So my early upgrade date was 4/8/12, but I was able to upgrade on 4/1/12. Should be the same for everyone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Are you guys getting it for $99 when you early upgrade or the $99 plus $250? You would think if ATT really wants to push this phone they would roll back some upgrades a month or two like they do for iPhone launches.

Not going to happen anymore. All lines will be on a 20 month upgrade cycle. Corporate AT&T store can upgrade on the 1st of the month you are eligible. Example: if *NEW# says May 13, you can go to a corporate store on May 1 and be good to go at best price.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion